Drugs at work

Treemon

I'm not comparing the two, I'm stating both are illegal (one only in the work place) but for those who take a moral high ground against one whilst doing the other, it's hypocritical to pass judgement in such a negative way as to label people, when they are just as guilty of committing an offence, regardless of if the type of offence is a world apart.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

PUWER applies to employees, not the self employed, I don't think many employers give their staff ported saws and even if they did what specifics about ported or imported saws are you saying break PUWER?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PUWER applies to employees, not the self employed, I don't think many employers give their staff ported saws and even if they did what specifics about ported or imported saws are you saying break PUWER?

I'm employed, but I use my own saws sometimes, and PUWER is that the saw must be in a safe, unaltered state that complies with the original specifications of the saw, ie, no extra noise, the AV mounts must be serviceable, the saw safety standard must be for the country it's being used in (so the American ISO/EPA stuff can't be used here and vice versa), generally everything should be manufacturer parts, I do find PUWER stupid, as it means the 560 is allowed, but a 562 is technically illegal for use at work, despite being the same other than bar mount patterns

I'm struggling to see where any argument comes from, you simply should not work under the influence, any one who doesn't get that, or argues against it is probably too deranged to be employable!:001_rolleyes:

As an industry we should all recognise that, as do other industries. Simples.:001_smile:

On a whole I find the worst are coke heads .. centre of attention ,deluded idiots who I can not stand to be around or listen too.

At least the weed smoker will keep himself to himself and just get on with things in there own little world with out turning it in to a He-man drama!

The drinkers ... Well I may fall in to that category

Have you ever taken either? I ask because you have made a generalisation that is way out IMO.

I'm struggling to see where any argument comes from, you simply should not work under the influence, any one who doesn't get that, or argues against it is probably too deranged to be employable!:001_rolleyes:

As an industry we should all recognise that, as do other industries. Simples.:001_smile:

My argument was we shouldn't be so quick to judge and start throwing the derogatory terms around, especially those taking a moral high ground all the time, but then doing something that is also illegal, that could be as trivial as traffic offences, but I chose chainsaws as we all use em, unfortunately somebody got the wrong end of the stick, again!

My argument was we shouldn't be so quick to judge and start throwing the derogatory terms around, especially those taking a moral high ground all the time, but then doing something that is also illegal, that could be as trivial as traffic offences, but I chose chainsaws as we all use em, unfortunately somebody got the wrong end of the stick, again!

When it comes to drink/drugs at work it really is a no brainer. Not bothered about what is legal or not, just common sense.

Bit like a ported saw is ok in my books, but one with a defective structure or safety feature like chainbrake is a no no.

On that note, got your saw back, so when I get a chance next week I will pm you to expect it.:001_smile:

Eddy, your point of judging is mute here. This is not about tit for tat. This is about being under the influence of anything whilst at work and maintaing your professionalism.

Doing 33 in a 30 zone is not equal to driving under the influence of anything. Even the law demonstrates that.

The bottom line and surely you must agree that attending work under the influence of anything is not tolerable.

No excuses, ever.

I'm not saying people can't take drugs. Or drink. But, if your social life is dependant on drugs and/or alcohol then you shouldn't be in a career which involves operating machinery in a professional environment the following day.

Have you?

I have to agree with Matt and that is me speaking from experience of having worked with both sorts of people.

Yes, I also know lots of people who take drugs and don't fit into either category that is described, I also know them that do, I also know people who fit the descriptions that don't take drugs or drink. At the end of the day legal or illegal drugs should not be taken in the work place unless safe to so so, ie paracetamol or such like. What people do in their own time is up to them, if it affects thir work then its a problem and needs sorting. I knew a guy who was crap at work because he drive a taxi after work to make ends meet, he was burning the candle at both ends.

Eddy, your point of judging is mute here. This is not about tit for tat. This is about being under the influence of anything whilst at work and maintaing your professionalism.

Doing 33 in a 30 zone is not equal to driving under the influence of anything. Even the law demonstrates that.

The bottom line and surely you must agree that attending work under the influence of anything is not tolerable.

No excuses, ever.

I'm not saying people can't take drugs. Or drink. But, if your social life is dependant on drugs and/or alcohol then you shouldn't be in a career which involves operating machinery in a professional environment the following day.

:congrats::thumbup1: