Drugs at work

Treemon

drugs at work is a no no.

i have worked with people that have been recreational drug users - outside of work.

my main problem was the mood swings and temper flair ups. doesnt make for a nice atmosphere.

The problem is you have a drink at the weekend the effect wears off , weed stays in your system for up to 8 weeks. As for mood swings etc these are the changes we noticed with our ex employee

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drugs are for losers, full stop. :thumbdown:

Do you drink? Are all the people that go down the pub for a couple all losers really? Bit harsh.

I don't drink or take drugs other than caffeine and nicotine for the last 6 years, but I was not always perfect, and can't think that back then I was irrasponsible or dangerous during my working day. What I did out of hours had nothing to do with work.

Recreational private problem... :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

Hello? Since when have these substances been legal?

When have a good many things been legal? You imported your dolmar from the US or Germany didn't you? I think that's covered somewhere under PUWER isn't it?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

You can't say that everyone who has a smoke or a drink is going to be a problem in the work place. Everyone is different, some people are just useless and dangerous when they're stone cold sober and some are brilliant even after smoking a joint. Any drugs in the work place is a no no but if you tested every arb employee, boss or what ever that would be half the work force gone over night. I can speak from experience as to how common drugs other than alcohol are regardless of their jobs, background, age etc...

Some old man answers. Drug and/or drink at work is not a good combination. But suggesting that people can't do what they want in their own time or talking about drug users as if they are all scum is ridiculous and an answer I'd expect to here from someone who has had no experience in the real world. The lack of knowledge is rather clear different drugs have different effects I think your not in a position to say much on drugs if you have no experience third party or first hand.

I used to smoke a bit of puff from time to time with no ill effect but some bloody funny memories. But I could smoke and be fine the next day and be alert and work hard, as long as I did these things in moderation like alcohol. so I dont think all drugs are bad. Just they need moderation!

saying 'drugs' to cover weed heroin cocaine alcohol is silly they all have very different effects and need to be spoken for individually for that reason. I'd rather a day with a stoned guy over a coke head or a guy trashed on alcohol.

By the way I'm not an advocate for drugs just freedom to do what you want just think about how you might effect others and don't introduce others into these things let people make their Own choices.

I personally haven't smoked in well over a year and seldomly drink it's not for me, rather buy climbing gear our work on my motorbikes

Some old man answers. Drug and/or drink at work is not a good combination. But suggesting that people can't do what they want in their own time or talking about drug users as if they are all scum is ridiculous and an answer I'd expect to here from someone who has had no experience in the real world. The lack of knowledge is rather clear different drugs have different effects I think your not in a position to say much on drugs if you have no experience third party or first hand.

I used to smoke a bit of puff from time to time with no ill effect but some bloody funny memories. But I could smoke and be fine the next day and be alert and work hard, as long as I did these things in moderation like alcohol. so I dont think all drugs are bad. Just they need moderation!

saying 'drugs' to cover weed heroin cocaine alcohol is silly they all have very different effects and need to be spoken for individually for that reason. I'd rather a day with a stoned guy over a coke head or a guy trashed on alcohol.

By the way I'm not an advocate for drugs just freedom to do what you want just think about how you might effect others and don't introduce others into these things let people make their Own choices.

I personally haven't smoked in well over a year and seldomly drink it's not for me, rather buy climbing gear our work on my motorbikes

I " took " some cannabis in my 20s ( 61 now ) . Did not smoke so I eat it . I was in Amsterdam with some friends . A bit the size of your little finger nail. . Never been so frightened in all my life ! My legs were about 20 feet long everything was twisted and distorted , buildings and the like . The trams were the size of mountains and sounds were all different than they should be . Afghan black it was . That was it for me . I like a few beers at the weekend but that's it .........