8" logs

arniecardigan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbour does this to get the most out of local log merchant. Smaller logs mean less air gaps and therefore more logs!

The merchant's a mug then! For me smaller logs gets a smaller load in volume; same vehicle stacked less high.

The smallest burners in the shops wont even take a 8" log. We have a 5 kw hunter and that runs best with 6" logs but will take 12" To get the most logs when you order the go for 6" or 14+. 10-12" take up the least amount of room and leave the most air space. Making small logs is a right pain in the neck creates more trash and saw dust and takes longer defo charge more.

Stoves all just seem to be a stupid shape now. Honestly, what is the point in having a stove that is tall and narrow? Yet most stoves seem to be that shape. Ideal is narrow and deep so that you can stick long logs in without danger of them falling out. I've just ordered a little stove for a small office I'm building at the yard and even at 4kw you can still get a 16 inch log into it:

productsno2.jpg

Nice little range of stoves the chap makes. I spent ages trying to find an inexpensive British made burner, and these seem to tick all the boxes:

Champion Stove Company Products Page

Jonathan

Stoves all just seem to be a stupid shape now. Honestly, what is the point in having a stove that is tall and narrow? Yet most stoves seem to be that shape. Ideal is narrow and deep so that you can stick long logs in without danger of them falling out. I've just ordered a little stove for a small office I'm building at the yard and even at 4kw you can still get a 16 inch log into it:

productsno2.jpg

Nice little range of stoves the chap makes. I spent ages trying to find an inexpensive British made burner, and these seem to tick all the boxes:

Jonathan

Nice stove that looks well made and not over complicated like to many others!!

I think next year I'll be sticking all my off cuts to one side and selling them at a premium everything else will be at 10-11" which seems to be what most customers are happy with!!:thumbup:

productsno2.jpg

Jonathan

would be interested in an update when you have had a few fires in it I would be interested in one. I bought a 5kw stove made in dorset for £300 inc it was priced wrong in a showroom I cant find one the same under £700 any where else. I am amazed who much heat and how little wood it burns compared with an old stove.