Pathetic co-workers?

Python

Bottom line is a team is a team and need to work as such, our lot seem to work out their own differences to the point of being judge ,jury and executioners. One little fresh faced college boy had to have his cheeks warmed up with the back of the climbers hand only a few weeks ago, he now has got the message and is a liked hard working team player . Although I dont condone this type of behavior it has turned a situation around that otherwise would have led to the kid being sacked and he now understands how things work in a team which college fail to teach them.

Bob

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they learn the fast and hard way on the lifeboat.

soon learn the time and place for jokes, there is no room for antics in rough weather doing a job.

luckily there has only been a few so far and they soon get the hint to stop when they get wet, if not they get the boot. simple.

Banter is all well and good. A Mars bar in the boots turns into a nail hammered throught the sole. Oh how amusing. Not. When I was a teenager, just starting out, on sites, "pranks" went on all the time. It escalated until someone took up the scaffold boards around the corner of the third lift on a boiler house. Hilarious. Not when you're struggling with hods full of bricks. It escalated when I punched the culprits lights out. He was the foreman. Time and place for having a mess about is after work, down the pub with a few jars.

Banter is all well and good. A Mars bar in the boots turns into a nail hammered throught the sole. Oh how amusing. Not. When I was a teenager, just starting out, on sites, "pranks" went on all the time. It escalated until someone took up the scaffold boards around the corner of the third lift on a boiler house. Hilarious. Not when you're struggling with hods full of bricks. It escalated when I punched the culprits lights out. He was the foreman. Time and place for having a mess about is after work, down the pub with a few jars.

+1work is for work have a laugh but not when it gets out of hand no matter who started it. it needs stopping.

I enjoy a joke as much as the next man,a little bit of leg pulling perhaps,and the lads and i are usually good humoured,but when we're on the job with ropes going up and down, big timber moving at a rate of knots,with 2 or 3 saws running and sweat rolling off you,and trip hazards everywhere thats not the place for it.

When its quiet and we're having a breather and a sandwich,well then we can relax a bit and have a laugh,but never anything nasty or hurtfull.

Edited by oldwoodcutter
missed a word out

Bottom line is a team is a team and need to work as such, our lot seem to work out their own differences to the point of being judge ,jury and executioners. One little fresh faced college boy had to have his cheeks warmed up with the back of the climbers hand only a few weeks ago, he now has got the message and is a liked hard working team player . Although I dont condone this type of behavior it has turned a situation around that otherwise would have led to the kid being sacked and he now understands how things work in a team which college fail to teach them.

Bob

You mean the climber felt he had to slap him? How can you think that acceptable and why would you want a team member who needs to be hit to come into line? :confused1:

It's not just you team players that have to contend with these issues.

I work by myself and the banter often goes beyond acceptable levels. I have tried the storming off in a husty tactic numerous times, but to little effect, aside from a marked slowdown in my productivity!

:lol::lol: