Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

I don't know about beautiful, but the client is delighted and that's what counts most.

I did some ditches earlier in the year, a little more old school, no Engcon, just a rough looking but brilliant CAT 20 tonner and a 'V' bucket.

This is work I really like doing, but boy will a V bucket show any creases up if you go wrong!:biggrin:

Eddie.

vditch.jpg.29f0c66661e6bd4f756ac03af1759eb5.jpg

[ATTACH]172497[/ATTACH]

Just picked this bought this as a selfie Christmas present, to save my back on takedowns

Looks a great bit of kit. Be sure to strap the jib down in future, a driver was prosecuted after a jib swung around and killed a pedestrian a few years ago.

Also, the crowd ram can wander a bit, meaning that it won't stay tight in transport. Best to close the grab completely, then strap the gap in the crossed teeth back to the trailer edge (if that makes sense?)

We had it on borrow for a week before I bought it and had grapple put on. It's got a 2.5tonne hitch on it so takes bigger buckets which I have mixed feelings on. It can take a big ditcher which is good for shifting grindings and a big grapple but time will see if weights a problem.

I would strap it down but need to fit a bucket rest as already marked the galvanising on the trailer

I did some ditches earlier in the year, a little more old school, no Engcon, just a rough looking but brilliant CAT 20 tonner and a 'V' bucket.

with that engcon hitch, i always thought that you were not supposed to use the slew action of the digger for any kind of force, so how do you dig and level sideways without damage??

with that engcon hitch, i always thought that you were not supposed to use the slew action of the digger for any kind of force, so how do you dig and level sideways without damage??

No issue to load up the Slew, it's beating it against something with a shock loading that will do the harm.

A example would be knocking walls down by simply slewing quarter of a turn then sending the bucket into it sideways.

Eddie.

We had it on borrow for a week before I bought it and had grapple put on. It's got a 2.5tonne hitch on it so takes bigger buckets which I have mixed feelings on. It can take a big ditcher which is good for shifting grindings and a big grapple but time will see if weights a problem.

I would strap it down but need to fit a bucket rest as already marked the galvanising on the trailer

Put a cloth over the trailer edge. A bit of spray galv is cheaper than points.

If you have the grab on to transport, as I always do, then a bucket rest is superfluous in my experience.