Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

It’s a route I’ve been contemplating - I’ll be watching how you get on with interest! Significant investment but very versatile how you are setting it up - if you are able to keep it pretty busy then it’s a no brainer. 
Any idea what sort of weight of piece you’ll be able to shear at max radius?

At 45° fully extended not massive really as it's the 4t model and the head is quite heavy but the capacity quickly increase as you increase the angle. the 60-21 would be better but are like rocking horse poo in the UK unless you want new but as a mewp the 40-26 gave more scope for outreach.1577202328490.jpeg
  • Like 1

Any reason why merlo and not manitou
Already have a good working relationship with the local merlo dealer that is less than 20min from us and they are also the valtra dealer and do a lot of our serving and I know the history of this perticular machine as they have looked after it from New. Also I hate to say but I've had less than ideal service from the manitou dealer who are quite a bit further alway so not really a preference to the machine as so much the back up.
In a ideal world no budget constraints situation I would have gone magni as they have far greater capacitys but I'm happy with my choice.

Have you an hourly rate in mind yet
Nope, well yes I do but really need to get it all together and some firmer ideas of prediction and limitations on our own jobs before offering it out to subcontract. Transport is going to be a consideration as it's a bit limited at 40k on the road so multi day jobs will naturally be more economical.
Anybody want to jump in with some sensible or educated suggestions to what they would consider it'd be interesting to compare with what I'm thinking.

Ok  will have a stab been thinking about this for awhile machine with cutting head and two men   Self powered fransport to and from site based on eight hours £130.00 / £150hr low loader at cost or by client

Fairly Bob on to what I was thinking actually, travel charged 1 direction at 50% working rate as per our other equipment when it his out on sub work. Then on top we will offer the big removal capacity of our 12"chipper on 30m³ trailer combo as I think keeping up with the merlos ability to put stuff on the floor with a 6" chipper might be a bit hopeful.

Luckily we have a very reliable haulier not far from us and I've already touched base and found the rated more reasonable than I thought.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gray git said:

At 45° fully extended not massive really as it's the 4t model and the head is quite heavy but the capacity quickly increase as you increase the angle. the 60-21 would be better but are like rocking horse poo in the UK unless you want new but as a mewp the 40-26 gave more scope for outreach.1577202328490.jpeg

Can it use its full working envelope as a mewp, or is it sensor-limited? 

What model/weight shear are you nailing on, and what headstock setup? 

Can you tow with it? Great if you can load what you cut straight into a big trailer! Great if not too - that’s a wonderful mewp range for tree work!