Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

1 minute ago, Stephen Blair said:

Sensitive!  Bucking bronco more like ?I’m trying to be gentler and smoother.

Why the 1.8t out of interest? I have both 2.8 and 1.8 but there’s not many jobs where I wouldn’t prefer to have the bigger one, a bit more of a lump to tow around but more than makes up for it when on site. With the 1.8t I get in it and instantly wish I’d bought the other machine- unless it’s just a scratch around job!

48 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Nice.. I hire a old yanmar a year ago very tight machine for its age also very sensitive and a lot of power. 

Plant hire co near me has there whole fleet yanmar- well over 50 machines, they said they wouldn’t look elsewhere now, the 5000hr machines have worn well and that’s all hire work so says a lot about them.

2 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

It’s the size of a 1.8 t machine.

Spacious cab and a good reach, no complaints and that’s 2 days of digging out bamboo on a huge rockery.

very nice Jeremy.  That will keep the heizo running!

Nice. I might get a demo when it's time to replace my 1.8t. The boom in particular just looked a lot smaller than my Hyundai, rams especially. It was a canopy model but the rest of it also seemed a touch smaller.

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Why the 1.8t out of interest? I have both 2.8 and 1.8 but there’s not many jobs where I wouldn’t prefer to have the bigger one, a bit more of a lump to tow around but more than makes up for it when on site. With the 1.8t I get in it and instantly wish I’d bought the other machine- unless it’s just a scratch around job!

My 1.8t still does more hours than my 1.2t and 2.8t combined! Just such a handy size and very cheap to run. Comparative ease of towing is also a big factor.

I’m trying to remove stress out of my life, every day I’m overloaded with the 2.7t and driving a 4x4 packed like a sardine using loads of fuel!

I’ve bought a welfare van with loads of room, heating, kitchen, toilet and drying room. 
 It can tow 2.5t. 
Machines 1.8, trailers 560kg 

The buckets are easy to lift by hand so they can go in the back of the van easily.

I’ve sold the 3cx so just trying to do less and get my work life balance sorted.

37365BF3-A267-4C61-88DC-BC198D18A582.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

I’m trying to remove stress out of my life, every day I’m overloaded with the 2.7t and driving a 4x4 packed like a sardine using loads of fuel!

I’ve bought a welfare van with loads of room, heating, kitchen, toilet and drying room. 
 It can tow 2.5t. 
Machines 1.8, trailers 560kg 

The buckets are easy to lift by hand so they can go in the back of the van easily.

I’ve sold the 3cx so just trying to do less and get my work life balance sorted.

37365BF3-A267-4C61-88DC-BC198D18A582.jpeg

Fair play. You didn't keep the 3cx long!! Will you keep hold of the Cat for larger jobs? If the Yanmar buckets are easy to lift by hand either you're strong as an ox or they are lighter than my 1.8t buckets. I used to throw them around when I was 25- not so much now I'm past thirty, need to look after my body.

That emergency escape hatch wouldn't be a lot of use for my digger driver... be like a great dane trying to get through the cat flap ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doobin said:

Fair play. You didn't keep the 3cx long!! Will you keep hold of the Cat for larger jobs? If the Yanmar buckets are easy to lift by hand either you're strong as an ox or they are lighter than my 1.8t buckets. I used to throw them around when I was 25- not so much now I'm past thirty, need to look after my body.

That emergency escape hatch wouldn't be a lot of use for my digger driver... be like a great dane trying to get through the cat flap ?

He’s a Scot. Living on a diet of porridge and Haggis- of course he can chuck the buckets around, unlike us wee southerners!

Edited by Matthew Storrs

Aye the escape hatch is a laugh!

I’m 44 and feel broken and weak but I can wrestle the 3 tonner buckets in and out a van if need be, the demo grab is 120kg that takes a bit of manouvering or a scaffy pole if there’s 1 lying around.

Ideally I want to do away with 3 tonner so I can sell my jeep.

I do a fare bit of work that I need 4x4 for and the 3 tonner can wrestle much bigger stuff, a months work just came in for it today that I wouldn’t want to put a new machine on digging trenches through boulder country.