arb=profit or borderline ??

Undercut

Profit in tree surgery is in decline, it has been since the 80s. Without boring the tits off everyone the end of easy credit has happend meaning our customers no longer have the ability to spend as they please resulting in far less work and much cheaper prices.

RUN FOR THE HILLS

While your there ill be sawing away ;P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Profit in tree surgery is in decline, it has been since the 80s. Without boring the tits off everyone the end of easy credit has happend meaning our customers no longer have the ability to spend as they please resulting in far less work and much cheaper prices.

RUN FOR THE HILLS

While your there ill be sawing away ;P

What?????????????????:confused1:

How old are you??????????:001_rolleyes:

Personally I want every other tree company to do well/ have easy lives and happy staff. This means they won't drop their rates and I'll be competing against better prices. Be nice if we could all agree prices like the big 6 energy companies.

Back to the OP

There is money in tree work but you've got to be organised and prepared to work hard when needed.

This is a difficult question to ask a bunch of tree surgeons as the ones who are making the money will be keeping quiet.

There's no way 1 person can know how every single tree surgery company is ran or if makes money or not.:001_rolleyes:

Personally I don't want other tree companies to do well, I want them to struggle and go out of business so there's more for me:thumbup:

Ha, brilliant that's my way of thinking, when I started arb/forestry 18yrs ago I'd to get excited at the sight of another chipper etc at work, I now seem to see at least 3 or 4 a day n I live in the sticks!;) havin said that I still make a good living at it and can't think of any job that could give me as much satisfaction. In spite of credit crunch etc there's still loads o work out there you just gotta go for it!:):)

Personally I want every other tree company to do well/ have easy lives and happy staff. This means they won't drop their rates and I'll be competing against better prices. Be nice if we could all agree prices like the big 6 energy companies.

Back to the OP

There is money in tree work but you've got to be organised and prepared to work hard when needed.

This is a difficult question to ask a bunch of tree surgeons as the ones who are making the money will be keeping quiet.

sssshhhhhh!

:laugh1:

I only ask as I'm about to move back up north, so I can have more time to study, ideally I'd get some tree work do dry stane dyking and some farm work, leaving a secure well paying job but a job that's inside and not for me,

Only live once and I'd rather die trying than not. Glad most are making profit an no reason why that won't continue I mean trees don't stop growing! Lol

Ive listened to quite a few business men over the years and from what they all say there is no money in anything!:laugh1:

Well unless they are trying to promote their business to you then they are Gods gift, always busy and do quite well for themselves.

There is good money to be made in arb but imo you need to be a good business man rather than enjoy swinging about in trees.

I am neither which is probably why I dont make any money, in fact best to ignore my advice altogether tbh.:001_huh: