best top handle chain saw?

philip2011

If I am honest I wouldn't even think about useing it up a tree until one I had got my ticket and two I had been supervised by my boss for a good year to make sure I was confident with it and he was happy I was useing it safely after all an accident 60 foot up is far more difficult to deal with then on the ground I just want to get one to get hsed to it amnd get a good feel of how it works etc if you are not stupid and have sensible head on then I dont see the issue personally

Have herd it's up to a £2000 fine if caught using one on the ground by the wrong people, my advice, wait till you 'need' one, there is other kit you could need befor a topper, if u buy a ground saw you can use it as a ground saw or a climbing saw,

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best too handle, t540 or 201 (unless you can get a mint 200t)

Why do you need one!? If your working for yourself I get it, but as your learning why do you need a saw?

As others have said, best to be 100% saw competent on the ground before you think about taking one up a tree.

And as for all the "pieces of paper" warriors I've met lads fresh out of college with every ticket under the sun, who could walk out and buy a top handle with their shiny new "tickets" but they have no experience! Have made no mistakes, have no idea!?

Vs guys I know that have been climbing for 10-20 years, no tickets. I know who I would be more worried about selling a saw too.

Nothing in this industry is law, but in regards to afag guidelines, hse, p.u.w.e.r and other acts state training and correct certification. The fact is weather it is "by law" or not dealers are not supposed to supply them without a ticket. It will not stop people getting there hands on them obviously

Yea but its not legal requirement . Your dealer asked you but its not law .

I tend to agree, I bought 2 ms200s from fr jones just before the 201s came out and I had to email my tickets before they would sell to me, BUT I don't think there is a law that would prosecute them if they sold to me without showing my tickets. probably completely and utterly wrong as usual :laugh1:

Nothing in this industry is law, but in regards to afag guidelines, hse, p.u.w.e.r and other acts state training and correct certification. The fact is weather it is "by law" or not dealers are not supposed to supply them without a ticket. It will not stop people getting there hands on them obviously

Ok . Understood .