front mount chipper on a mog

Stephen Blair

Not very relevant probably, but just found this old pic of a company i used to sub to and their mog rig. :001_tt1:

It has a remote controlled palfinger crane in the pic we were craning off old willow pollards. Also has a 9ton winch with ground spades at the back and a 13" ducker chipper.

That is a Quality rig:001_cool::001_tt1:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a Quality rig:001_cool::001_tt1:

It is an awesome rig, and very configurable, it has remote controlled crane with usefull cable and hook, also a grab attachment, a powerful 2 speed winch, a decent sized 13" chipper and huge carrying potential with that 13ton grain trailer.

But and its a big but its huge size and length is limiting, you can run it without the grain trailer only the spout is to high for another chip truck over the back, so you have to chip to the side. Basically space to fit the rig is an issue, if you can get it in then your laughing and not much will touch it.

My favourite rig has to be Skyhucks i would love to work alongside it and see if it truley is as versatile as it looks. He just needs a bigger chipper:001_tongue: Having a demountable crane trailer with chip body on the mog looks a far better idea to me.

My favourite rig has to be Skyhucks i would love to work alongside it and see if it truley is as versatile as it looks. He just needs a bigger chipper:001_tongue: Having a demountable crane trailer with chip body on the mog looks a far better idea to me.

No, I don't, have you compared the price of fire wood and chip?

Mine will take 9" but we tend to only chip 5" and less.

Edited by skyhuck

yep, i want skyhucks set up to play with, it would make so many jobs so much quicker, and it wont get stuck on grass like the 7 1/2 tonner and transits do at work!! :001_tt1:

No, I don't, have you compared the price of fire wood and chip?

Mine will take 9" but we tend to only chip 5" and less.

Everyones set-up is different tailored to the way they run their company to be most effecient and profitable.

To us at Heritage wood is a pain it clutters the yard and takes to much time to process, the more we can convert to chip the better its the most profitable for us and the way we operate! We chip everything under 25"

Most of our chip is recycled and sold on as mulch/planting compound in our planting schemes or for mulch circles on mature trees. With a small amount going to power stations.

Skyhuck gis us a job i'll be your stick bitch for week as long as i get to drive your mog :001_tt1:

Skyhuck gis us a job i'll be your stick bitch for week as long as i get to drive your mog :001_tt1:

Sorry mate, but theres only me (and AC Price staff for road tests after repairs) get to drive her!!, with what it costs to maintain, I prefer to only have myself to blame when she breaks, which has been all to often of late!!:scared1:

Sorry mate, but theres only me (and AC Price staff for road tests after repairs) get to drive her!!, with what it costs to maintain, I prefer to only have myself to blame when she breaks, which has been all to often of late!!:scared1:

:sad: i could always bring my fisher price steering wheel stick it on the glove box and pretend i'm driving would that be o.k? Only problem is i can't toot the horn at all the pretty ladies.

:sad: i could always bring my fisher price steering wheel stick it on the glove box and pretend i'm driving would that be o.k? Only problem is i can't toot the horn at all the pretty ladies.

rumour has it dave only has a wee gily horn anyway:001_tongue:come up to mine and you can play in the mog till your head hurts. i have big manly air horns for terifying grannies:scared1::001_smile:

rumour has it dave only has a wee gily horn anyway:001_tongue:come up to mine and you can play in the mog till your head hurts. i have big manly air horns for terifying grannies:scared1::001_smile:

I bet you tell that to all the lasses:001_tongue: