front mount chipper on a mog

Stephen Blair

I agree,

Mounting something of similar size beforehand may help determine the overall length, and maneuverability. I know places like Atkinson Vos have designed an even smaller, less extended front lift, and I imagine this was done for that very reason. Cheers!

-ACUF

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just do it Stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once you have you will wish you had done it years ago!!

It is just good sense, you are spreading the weight on the mog, with chipper on the back AND the chip on the back you end up going down the road like a speed boat.

With the chipper on the back you cannot pull a trailer, unless you get one of those crazy long draw bars that make going off road a joke. And running a mog with out a trailer is, IMO, pointless.

You are like me small firm, I do all the driving, climbing and cutting.

I have a really good man, but if he left I can easily find another labourer to replace him, they don't even need to be able to drive, let alone pull a trailer.

A mog with the chipper on the front and crane trailer on the back means you can go and do a FULL days work , bring every thing home, all in one trip, and because of the capacity you have if Mrs Miggins comes comes out from next door and says could you remove my 45' conifer while your hear?, your not think "oh if only I could get it", because you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducker chippers are OK, they a basically a TP, but they are not as good as the Schilesing, IMO.

Alex has a very good S/H u400 like mine, if I were you I would go for that.

I would not recommend putting a front chipper on linkage, it make it stick out way to far and increases the load on the front axel.

5976540198c50_popburnley103.jpg.5b69c5132bae361d2e2e1982d1f6052d.jpg

moto_0031.jpg.f37ba15a17b45de4dcdb904ead4febb9.jpg

19-03-08_1558.jpg.cb8cbbe63836761860b54e6a8d2c9408.jpg

16-05-08_0912.jpg.e1f5a8753b90316630859cd0d3c4e2a5.jpg

Edited by skyhuck

It is just good sense, you are spreading the weight on the mog, with chipper on the back AND the chip on the back you end up going down the road like a speed boat.

With the chipper on the back you cannot pull a trailer, unless you get one of those crazy long draw bars that make going off road a joke. And running a mog with out a trailer is, IMO, pointless.

I have a really good man, but if he left I can easily find another labourer to replace him, they don't even need to be able to drive, let alone pull a trailer.

A mog with the chipper on the front and crane trailer on the back means you can go and do a FULL days work , bring every thing home, all in one trip, and because of the capacity you have if Mrs Miggins comes comes out from next door and says could you remove my 45' conifer while your hear?, your not think "oh if only I could get it", because you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducker chippers are OK, they a basically a TP, but they are not as good as the Schilesing, IMO.

I would not recommend putting a front chipper on linkage, it make it stick out way to far and increases the load on the front axel.

There speaks the voice of experience:001_smile::adore:

I never tire of witnessing the beast in action, and the logic you've used to come up with your war horse.

Impressive stuff Dave :thumbup1:

Wish the fine burghers of Hampstead could accept something similar across their halowed space.

Alas, they would just chase me off with their silver tipped pitch forks :sad:

Edited by Monkey-D

I want that one!:001_smile:

Just do it

How do you recommend attaching without a lift system for a U900? I agree with you on the weight distribution, and could allow for less extension overall, etc. However, I'm stuck with fitting a reverser, and this may cause a bit of a problem. I have the original Schmidt plate and agricultural indentations to hang the quick hitch on, etc, but need some advice on the static mount. I would rather scratch this design before I go any further, if it's going to make a difference in overall performance, etc. Thanks for the advice!!

-ACUF

How do you recommend attaching without a lift system for a U900? I agree with you on the weight distribution, and could allow for less extension overall, etc. However, I'm stuck with fitting a reverser, and this may cause a bit of a problem. I have the original Schmidt plate and agricultural indentations to hang the quick hitch on, etc, but need some advice on the static mount. I would rather scratch this design before I go any further, if it's going to make a difference in overall performance, etc. Thanks for the advice!!

-ACUF

email alec price at ac price engineering mate, he will give you the answers you are looking for. dave, what size is your schiesling. i know they are pretty much the rools royce of chippers. i saw his on his website. looks really fresh. cheers for the input mate:001_smile:

You could buy a Anbauplatte.Its just a cast steel plate with arms that mount to existing holes on your Unimog chassis.They are not hard to remove and many items like chippers and other implements bolt straight to them.

You could easily make a basic ridgid mount along the same lines.

Check out http://www.truckscout24.de for bits and peices like that.Also ebay Germany has alot of unimog bits on it.

Your ch140 most likely has mounts for three point linkage,but if it was like my ch160 then your could weld somthing up to fit.

anbauplatte.jpg.e0ce3a1639509de3cb488ba2a775bd67.jpg