front mount chipper on a mog

Stephen Blair

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has actually pointed me in the direction of someone selling a good second hand one:001_cool::001_smile:

stick to what you know, less hassel in the long run ,just coz some one has that set up doesnt mean they wont admitt the pit falls of that set up,swb if your way off working is working & making money dont change it , just think off how much humble pie you mite need to eat :scared1: ps the wife i told YOU so

stick to what you know, less hassel in the long run ,just coz some one has that set up doesnt mean they wont admitt the pit falls of that set up,swb if your way off working is working & making money dont change it , just think off how much humble pie you mite need to eat :scared1: ps the wife i told YOU so

i know what you are saying johnny, but i am a mog man. i have taken the leap of faith years ago. and it has been good, a few big bills along the way but some good cheques as well mate:001_smile:

I am still in the design phase of my front linkage to mount my Farmi/Valby CH140HF. About 900lbs including linkage/chipper. I have a counter weight on the back, and will plan on leaving it, but I would rather remove that thing. Each time I take the suspension lockouts off, it sags pretty well in the back, so I have to jack it up to fit the suspension lockouts back in place. but, one the chipper is on, I'm assuming it will even out a bit more, and will hopefully offset the imbalance with a front mounted chipper. I am still designing the PTO reversers mounting, and then the top link bracket can be designed. I have been so busy with everything else that I'm behind schedule on this project, so, with this, I will push onward, and keep you posted.

-ACUF

IMG_0779.jpg.a362a25ad8d41a76b5db4810f94b1a0c.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg.25c2fef31477d8539f6fab0d53896d1b.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg.f2e27d76cfa0c6de49b8cb94b1083a66.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg.40f3ba783a2103ace50211c2902a6256.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg.4924ca60515b67431bb21fcbd4e37d3d.jpg

Heres a few more pictures to illustrate where I am in the design process. I have to figure out the parallelogram design for the top link, and the reverser needs to be mounted in there somewhere. By the way, this is the Schmidt Quick Hitch in case you were wondering, or hadn't seen them. The bottom lift arm was from the S-3 single stage snow blower by Schmidt, but I decided to use it for a front 3 point lift. May have been more work than going with the conventional design, but I have paid little so far, ... just racking my brain on the design!!

-ACUF

IMG_0798.jpg.4e5578f200d7a53d7a0066159a1bf06d.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg.b2e4de6a99cdcff10fa7c1befa573cb8.jpg

my only worries were pulling out tight roads and junctions

Don't worry about it mate, your in a mog everyone will be getting out your way. Sounds like a good idea to me, you can then tow a trailer and take a chipper to site.

While a Mog is versatile, I preferred to keep mine on the back and I considered extending the drawbar of the trailor. The ones I've seen on the front add too much length for my liking and then you got to try and "blow over the cab or have space for the trailor alongside. Either way, good luck on your choice.

While a Mog is versatile, I preferred to keep mine on the back and I considered extending the drawbar of the trailor. The ones I've seen on the front add too much length for my liking and then you got to try and "blow over the cab or have space for the trailor alongside. Either way, good luck on your choice.

hi mate, i know what you are saying. the thought of taking the trailer on and off every time i want to use the chipper, or trying to jacknife it. the trailer i plan on using would be a nightmare to extend. but thanks for the input. mike you are a genius. i will rigg something up, once i get the chipper dimensions. good thinking:001_smile: