front mount chipper on a mog

Stephen Blair

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you used your chipper yet?

I had a CH160,it was good on anything without leaves.A real pain with Connifer,especially wet stuff.Also the quality of the chip was very coarse.The Blade to Anvil gab had to be very close or the chip would be unsuitable for gardens.The Farmi chippers are designed for wood fuel production and not Arb work.However the CH260 is thought of very highly in the Arb industry.

-No I haven't been able to use it yet. I had read the chip size would be best suited for wood fuel production. I hope it will handle the light brush I put to it. I hadn't heard it would struggle with smaller cuttings, etc. Worth considering your experience, and even continue looking for a replacement. It was either this or the BX62, Wallenstein, without hydraulic feeds.

well guys, have bit the bullet. i am picking up my schiesling 330U up at the end of the month from ac price engineering. its a 7 inch machine its a second hand machine but will get a full service, new blades and re spray, i have got a great deal from alex, so i can afford to keep my tp 250 for bigger stuff if required.thanks for all your advice and i will keep you posted.:001_smile:

well guys, have bit the bullet. i am picking up my schiesling 330U up at the end of the month from ac price engineering. its a 7 inch machine its a second hand machine but will get a full service, new blades and re spray, i have got a great deal from alex, so i can afford to keep my tp 250 for bigger stuff if required.thanks for all your advice and i will keep you posted.:001_smile:

pics asap eh stevie. Good on you mate- thats going to be a great rig. When i come on my busmans holiday to scotland i'll be knocking on your door to have a goobers at it!:001_smile:

pics asap eh stevie. Good on you mate- thats going to be a great rig. When i come on my busmans holiday to scotland i'll be knocking on your door to have a goobers at it!:001_smile:

no probs mate, i will need to rejig my chip bin now, but i am looking forward to my new toy. :001_smile:now all i need to do is get my hands on a big transport box

Been kicking around farms most of my life- if you want a real big box- im sure you will as your mog can handle it- then go to you nearest steel stockholder and buy a load of box section and angle iron and weld mesh/ plate, and get down to your version of cornwall farmers to buy a quick release a-frame for rear linkage and weld the whole load together- hey presto you have a custom built oversize link box. From what i can tell, commercially available ones are never cavernous. Best of luck.:001_smile:

thats the plan, all the ones i have seen on the web are tiny, when you say quick release a frame, is that like the ones they use for shifting cow feeders about, the ones that let the calves in but keep the big uns out. really simple, the farmer at my yard has them. and i want a monster one for the mog, one i can put a minidiger or stump drinder in. i am thinking on getting one built round a 3 point winch, now that would be cool, and have a dozing edge on it for pushing chip.

That'll be a "creep feeder" you are referring to stevie. The a-frame is basically two triangles- one has the mountings for the three point linkage, and the other, which is permanently fixed to whichever piece of gear, fits over the top of the triangle attached to the tractor. It is just so you dont have to mess around with three point linkage every time you want to change implement. Hydraulic top link is also a major advantage. How are you thinking of mounting the winch and everything else, or do you mean one thing at a time. A pto franchguard is awesome- but had you thought of hydraulic underfloor winches- that way if you had a roller fairlead front/back/side then you could winch any direction, and have it permanently mounted. Just a thought...:001_smile: