front mount chipper on a mog

Stephen Blair

i am going to stick to a 3 point winch, so i can swop it between the valmet. i thought just make up the frame and stick the winch inside it so to speak, dont know if it would work, but i will run it by ac price, i have seen some amazing fabrications of theirs. but it will all come down to money mate, beacause i dont have any lol

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am going to stick to a 3 point winch, so i can swop it between the valmet. i thought just make up the frame and stick the winch inside it so to speak, dont know if it would work,

Stick an a frame to every implement- you'll never look back. Shouldn't be a promlem mounting the winch in its own frame, just make sure you beef it up niceley- 6-5mm steel for the frame and the wiches own mounting bolts shoukd do it i would think.:001_smile:

Well, Alex got back with me on my dilemma in choosing how to mount my chipper. He suggested I put my reverser on the chipper, instead of at the unimogs pto. Then, bypass the output coming from the front, and take the arm off completely, and run a shaft from the transfer case, directly to the chipper/reverser. He also just suggested fabricating a "DIN" plate that will mount to the schmidt plate. The coolest thing was the illustration he scribbled. Check it out, and thanks Alex, and Arbtalk members! Now I have something new to work on!!

-ACUF

FarmifrtmtU900ACP.PDF

Well, Alex got back with me on my dilemma in choosing how to mount my chipper. He suggested I put my reverser on the chipper, instead of at the unimogs pto. Then, bypass the output coming from the front, and take the arm off completely, and run a shaft from the transfer case, directly to the chipper/reverser. He also just suggested fabricating a "DIN" plate that will mount to the schmidt plate. The coolest thing was the illustration he scribbled. Check it out, and thanks Alex, and Arbtalk members! Now I have something new to work on!!

-ACUF

Glad your sorted!!

Alex is THE man!!!:001_smile:

i am going to stick to a 3 point winch, so i can swop it between the valmet. i thought just make up the frame and stick the winch inside it so to speak, dont know if it would work, but i will run it by ac price, i have seen some amazing fabrications of theirs. but it will all come down to money mate, beacause i dont have any lol

Will the three point linkage on the front be able to handle pulling your Mog out if its loaded and bogged?

I know it will depend on how stuck it is (ie up to the axels) but I have bent the blade on the mini digger when using it as a ground anchor and pulled various other "anchors" apart when recovering my Mog with just a large Turfor winch.

Edited by Mike Hill
typo

Had you thought of hydraulic underfloor winches- that way if you had a roller fairlead front/back/side then you could winch any direction, and have it permanently mounted. Just a thought...:001_smile:

this has already been done by the firm that mog owners love to hate, land rover put nokken winches on most of the forward control 101's that went to the royal artillery so they could pull the guns out if need be. And they go for the same sort of price as a decent mog.

I can only imagine that a mid mounted winch is never strung facing the way you need it at the time.Also it must have been nasty sliding yourself under a stuck wagon to poke the cable through the fairlead that was facing the way you need it.

Will the three point linkage on the front be able to handle pulling your Mog out if its loaded and bogged?

I know it will depend on how stuck it is (ie up to the axels) but I have bent the blade on the mini digger when using it as a ground anchor and pulled various other "anchors" apart when recovering my Mog with just a large Turfor winch.

i will be using my 3 point winch(if i can afford one)on the rear linkage of the mog unless i can find a winch that will accept the pto running the opposite way. as long as the angle isnt too tight i would think the linkage would hold up, but it will depend on how bogged you might be. but hopefully i will never find out lol:001_smile:

I can only imagine that a mid mounted winch is never strung facing the way you need it at the time.Also it must have been nasty sliding yourself under a stuck wagon to poke the cable through the fairlead that was facing the way you need it.

:scared1:My thoughts exactly...:001_smile: