Ethanol in Fuel articles...

TimberCutterDartmoor

The thing is, Gary, that ethanol is already the norm for us in the UK.

Since March 2013 the Government have deemed us to be on E10 as opposed to E5 as it was previously.

They have however deferred making E10 compulsory for another 3years due to the high numbers of older vehicles that are not E10 compliant. Many of them will be off the road by 2016 and the rest will cease to matter.

The oil comanies have little to gain, and much to lose by increasing the ethanol content at present so are happy to stay at E5 for now.

But yes, Eddy will be happy to see increased Aspen sales, as will I.

Maybe, just maybe, increased volume may result in lower prices, or at least, lower price increases.

• 1 year later...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost, and decreased power.

I agree on the cost, although I have many many customers who would use nothing else now, despite the cost.

Totally disagree on the reduced power though. It is after all a purer product than petrol and as it has no double bonded hydrocarbons it can burn more readily and produce a more consistent flame front. The result is marginally more power as 90% of my customers will agree. Much better starting too.

What do you base the decreased power on?

The thing is, Gary, that ethanol is already the norm for us in the UK.

Since March 2013 the Government have deemed us to be on E10 as opposed to E5 as it was previously.

They have however deferred making E10 compulsory for another 3years due to the high numbers of older vehicles that are not E10 compliant. Many of them will be off the road by 2016 and the rest will cease to matter.

The oil comanies have little to gain, and much to lose by increasing the ethanol content at present so are happy to stay at E5 for now.

But yes, Eddy will be happy to see increased Aspen sales, as will I.

Maybe, just maybe, increased volume may result in lower prices, or at least, lower price increases.

Sadly the price of your fuel will increase because of this stupid mixture and more engine repair work will definitely be on the books:thumbup1::thumbdown: Depending on your point of view.

easy-lift guy

Garden kit, you are selling this product, and making a profit, so you are bound to be promoting it to the poor people who have been brain washed into thinking if they dont use it there saw will fall to bits, or seize up, or have deposits in there carbs, and so on, i see inside plenty of two strokes, running quit happily on pump fuel, no seizures, no horrible failures, stop this hype, every day people need to use pump fuel, god knows that is expensive enough, with out paying Aspen prices, and i stick to my guns, less power.