The Toyota Landcruiser...

stanoverlander

Slaughter :lol::lol::lol: I don't think so! that yank tank would get stuck in the first inch of smooth mud!

With road tyres you are right but fit them with all terrains and they are un stoppable. Good enough to carry three ton of crap all over the world for the yankee army.There are also many with over a million miles on them on the original drive train.

On the question of size, I recall somewhere, once-upon-a-time, reading some Austrian or Swiss spec for military vehicles, which included a width/length/height limit.

So as to all these vehicles to access otherwise inaccessible areas.

America is indeed a large country, and so much of its infrastructure grew up around the motor vehicle, that they virtually never have any cause to pay heed to vehicle sizes being too big.

For our old world sometimes meadieval, constraints.

The chevy truck is only three inches wider than an amazon. I seem to remember the one I had being the same width as a single wheel transit.

Does sound to me like some of these guys would be better off with a tracked wheelbarrow though it would make more sense than spending 45k on a pick up that has a payload of 1 ton inc passengers. In reality by the time you fit the tipping gear, chuck the tools in it + your fat mate the tracked barrow is the winner. Definitely not an arb truck.

Bob

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With road tyres you are right but fit them with all terrains and they are un stoppable. Good enough to carry three ton of crap all over the world for the yankee army.There are also many with over a million miles on them on the original drive train.

The chevy truck is only three inches wider than an amazon. I seem to remember the one I had being the same width as a single wheel transit.

Does sound to me like some of these guys would be better off with a tracked wheelbarrow though it would make more sense than spending 45k on a pick up that has a payload of 1 ton inc passengers. In reality by the time you fit the tipping gear, chuck the tools in it + your fat mate the tracked barrow is the winner. Definitely not an arb truck.

Bob

My wife thinks that 3 " on top of what I already got would be far too much. If we compare I think you will find yours is a third longer than mine and the turning circle aint great :laugh1: ea to their own your a Landrover man so your not going to like a Toyota anyway.

Bob

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about the price tag. I don't mind paying for quality, I,ve had three Amazons and I,m getting another in the not too distant future. Price isn't an issue, quality is, the business buys the motor, not me.

Theres always the situation of some people not liking something or thinking its too expensive, there is always a cheaper alternative !

The reason for this thread is to assist those who see the value in them and to offer an alternative to what is available on the current market..

I think they offer a real alternative to the Landrover tipper that a lot of people use, and the next obvious step from a Landy is the unimog, there are a few Ivecos etc about, but they are over 3.5t so create a whole new level of hassle..

And from a 'general' world view just look at who use them..

The UN, every tinpot African regime, the red cross and all the other NGO's, they have taken over Australia and Africa.... for a reason :001_tt2:

Love em or hate, they are what they are ! :thumbup:

I have nothing against Landrover and have a disco van for work but have an Amazon for family use. You need to own one to see where the money goes and experience the reliability. Its no good picking up miss information off the net or listening to a mouth down the pub. If you have a busy business family and a few quid in your pocket get a Landcruiser. If you are skint have plenty of time on your hands and like meccano get a defender.

I have nothing against Landrover and have a disco van for work but have an Amazon for family use. You need to own one to see where the money goes and experience the reliability. Its no good picking up miss information off the net or listening to a mouth down the pub. If you have a busy business family and a few quid in your pocket get a Landcruiser. If you are skint have plenty of time on your hands and like meccano get a defender.

The company I worked for in oz had one and it was brilliant. It had already done over 200,000 miles but what a tank. I'd love one someday

Sent using My c

That Landcruiser pick up should be £25,000 new and probably is in Oz compared with their earnings. 25k and the steering wheels on the wrong side. I bet they would be poplar over here in rh drive for 25-30k. The lc is not bomb proof and its expensive to repair but it gets used for jobs that would kill a defender in a week.

They all drive the same side as us over in oz.

In the past 4 weeks I've spent here Ives wen countless land cruisers and pretty much every other 4x4 pickup in loads of variations. The l/c look like smart pieces of kit and I would probably have one too! Seen quote a few as campers.

I saw a few defenders but probably no more than 20. And about 10 older discos.

I noted an American "Pick-up" for sale on an Americal sales lot.

Cummings diesel/Allison transmission.

I dont remember the brand?

a bargain at $20,000.00

and only 199,987 miles on the clock.

Folk here would fall about laughing at giving going on for £15,000.00 for a truck with 200k miles on.

Ps

Amazons are bloody huge already, so Plus 3" is quite sommat.