My stihl won't run on Aspen - problem solved

Marcl

Sorry, I was generalising on the comment about pre existing problems, not aiming it at you.

And your dealer is right, there is not a lot of margin on a can of Aspen, but he is being a little shortsighted.

Give the man a free tune up (in the unlikely event that is needed) and he will be back every few weeks for more cans. And whilst in the shop may well buy other things. Its better than letting him go to the garage for petrol.

I think the old saying 'a sprat to catch a mackeral' applies.

:thumbup1:

Marc.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Just so you all know I visit all our dealers and train them on Aspen and advise them all about adjustments if needed.

I also cover possible effects caused by pump fuel and then changing to Aspen.

We have just signed up 10 more dealers in the last few weeks and I Have not trained all of them yet.

One of these new dealers is the one Marc is dealing with.

I have changed my plans for next week so I can see Marc's machine and train as many of our new dealers as possible to avoid this situation in the future.

Please in future if anyone has a problem contact me direct Email [email protected] or phone 07568 108953.

Don't rely on me checking Arb Talk.

All the best

Eddie

Edited by Steve Bullman

Whats the benefit of buying a fuel more expensive than petrol for our machines

A very good question dig-dug-dan.

In a nutshell.

Aspen is a chemically pure petrol product containing only 10 of the aprox 100 chemicals that petrol has. The 90 or so that have been lost in the alkylation process are not needed to run an internal combustion engine.

This results in a fuel free of harmful solvents, benzene and sulphur. All of these are injurious to health. Some cause short term problems such as headaches and energy loss, others such as benzene are carcinogenic, causing potential long term health issues. (harmful both from the fumes of the liquid, as well as exhaust fumes)

The 'pure' nature of the product gives it a workable shelf life of around 5 years as opposed to 30 days with standard unleaded.

Aspen will not decompose the rubber and nitrile components of the fuel lines as petrol does. It also burns extremely cleanly, keeping pistons, bores, plugs and exhausts extremely clean. This, without any doubt, extends engine life.

As said by geoff, there are many references to this on the forum, the most comprehensive probably being the 'One reason I use Aspen' thread. Its well worth a read and presents opinions from those who are in favour of the product as well as those who are not.

Aspen also have their own website which contains all sorts of info, a link to this can be found in the advertisers on the right of the screen.

Happy reading.

Barrie

Whats the benefit of buying a fuel more expensive than petrol for our machines

Check out this thread for a discussion about using Aspen fuel: http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsaws/41601-one-reason-i-use-aspen.html

And this website from the UK distributor of Aspen fuel about the benefits of Aspen: http://www.aspenfuel.co.uk/clean-facts/

Edited by morten

Hi all,

Just so you all know I visit all our dealers and train them on Aspen and advise them all about adjustments if needed.

I also cover possible effects caused by pump fuel and then changing to Aspen.

We have just signed up 10 more dealers in the last few weeks and I Have not trained all of them yet.

One of these new dealers is the one Marc is dealing with.

I have changed my plans for next week so I can see Marc's machine and train as many of our new dealers as possible to avoid this situation in the future.

Please in future if anyone has a problem contact me direct Email eddie@aaoil or phone 07568 108953.

Don't rely on me checking Arb Talk.

All the best

Eddie

Hi all,

My email is [email protected].

Sorry