Opinions on 2012/13 hilux or ranger?

YoGi_93

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any experience with the Great Wall Steed?

Very BAD write up in Forestry Journal... (and rightly so)

Land rover all the way al !

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

On Life! :001_rolleyes:

Great Wall Steed - I'd rather walk! I looked at one at launch and the thing is a pile of S***!! Build quality and quality of all the materials inc the metal, which forms the structure is total garbage. Think it rather -1 in the crash tests!

+1

NCAP haven't tested it yet but ANCAP have...

Are the new Rangers still re-badged Mazda?

No, Rangers are now built by Ford in South Africa; hence their very American look as opposed to the previous versions. They do come out tops in comparison tests but it would appear to be a very close run competition with the VW Amarok and the Amarok is more readily available. I have an 07 Ranger Super Cab and love it but the only Super Cab versions I have seen have been Northumbria Water versions so there ain't many around.

Hi all

I have 2 rangers 55 plate they have been brilliant so far ( apart from the usual issues) but I have now bought an izusi d max utah in march done 15k miles in it so far really good on fuel averaging 33 mpg, with 12000 miles service, and 125 k unlimited warranty. would not go back now

Hi, I have a 2013 Ranger. I had a 2008 and it was fantastic. The new one isnt great if I'm honest. The gearing is all wrong and you spend all day up and down the gears. Also, off road you can never seem to hit the right gear. The engine is smaller (2.2) than the previous and it is a bit sluggish in low gears - although hp may be more - dont know. Drove my wifes car over weekend then got back in pickup and was surprised at how sluggish it was. It's not well built either - a bit tinny. Oh and I know 2 others who have one and we all have a funny glitch in second gear if the revs are down a bit.

Good points - its massive and I can get 3 kids in car seats in the back (crew cab). It is a dream when towing - any weight up to 3.5 tonne no problem - seems to iron out all the nasty gear glitches when you've got weight on. It's great on the motorway - did 2,000 miles in France and it was brilliant. Load area is big too. It's really comfortable.