Ms880!!!

The Tree Hunter

thats a bloody simple but sweet idea!

hows it work??? :001_tongue:

All you do is pull a loop of rope out of the system from just in between your frition hitch and the hitchclimber and feed it out and down. Then you clip a krab onto the loop and the ground team pull it up. All the weight is in the Hitchclimber and nothing on you. It's brilliant. Hope this makes sense Josh!!!:001_smile:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you do is pull a loop of rope out of the system from just in between your frition hitch and the hitchclimber and feed it out and down. Then you clip a krab onto the loop and the ground team pull it up. All the weight is in the Hitchclimber and nothing on you. It's brilliant. Hope this makes sense Josh!!!:001_smile:

lovely job, thats how i was thinking it must work! cheers tommy :001_smile:

I had my big saw up the tree with me the other day.. dont have a hitch climber or anything like that but I had the problem of the saw pulling my harness down over my hips which was pretty uncomfortable.

I found a great way of keeping the saw with me and taking no weight... I attached another prussik to my live end, just above the prussik I was already using and then attached the tool strop to the prussik with a karab... worked really well, just slid the prussik down with me and the saw was ready and in place.

Don't suppose this method would work too well when ringing down as you're normally choked right up to the tree, but worked well for taking a big limb off!

Normally always wear a belt???

there lies your slippy hip problem, get braces mate, when you put on your harness you can really pull up the trousers, then tighten below your trouser waist line and it will stay there, make sure your shirt, jacket is well underneath to. make sure its really tight mate. oh and your nips will soon tuffin up:001_smile:

there lies your slippy hip problem, get braces mate, when you put on your harness you can really pull up the trousers, then tighten below your trouser waist line and it will stay there, make sure your shirt, jacket is well underneath to. make sure its really tight mate. oh and your nips will soon tuffin up:001_smile:

I see what you mean...hmm, will try that, should be climbing on saturday I hope. Never thought of the belt causing slippage but it stands to reason right enough, generally climb wearing a big jacket too, always seems to lash with rain and high winds when I put the harness on!

Slightly random, but still on subject (in a fashion)

Has anyone noticed if you grit your teeth and scream "ICELAND" at the same time, then you can lift anything. Try it next time your chucking the big timber on to the transit.

It actually works.