housing are going to cut my tree down

snowfurs33

As amusing (and inappropriate) as the above replies are, heres more of a serious one.

Firstly, you don't own the land. Did you seek permission to plant the trees in the first place? In my opinion, if you are renting then you really don't have a say in what can be removed. I'm not sure the arguement that the trees 'feed' you is really very valid either...what would you get out of a 6 year old cherry tree, 2 bowls fruit at most?

The original suggestion of moving the tree seems the simplest way to remedy the problem satisfactorily for all concerned...subject to the permission of the housing association of course.

If that isn't acceptable to them then I say just let them remove the tree from their land and be done with it. You say you suffer from depression, it seems some of that is brought on by yourself perhaps if you have been fighting this for 2 years? I'm sorry but it simply doesn't seem worth the hassle to me!

I'm sorry to read of your plight regarding your tree, it obviously means a lot to you.

I do feel that your best course of action would be to plant a replacement in a position that will avoid future issues with the neighbours, or see if your existing tree is viable to be re-planted in another location.

This will cause you less distress in the long term, which is possibly the most favourable outcome you can achieve in the circumstances.

It's a joy to hear you derive pleasure from your garden,& I hope you can get through this upheaval & find a settled solution.

Neighbours - oh what a life, we had a similar instance with our previous privately owned house and eventually had the tree down and sold up, we called the guy next door the "Bell End".....because he was:001_rolleyes:

It got to the point where he used to let the dog out in the garden to bark at us so I used to bark back....thats how bad it got.:lol: Good thing we don't have right to arms as in the USA!

I did seek legal help on this one and the only advice was garden law can be a mine field and may end up costing a fortune and even if you do win, if the neighbour has no money then you will get your expenses and claim back £0.50p each month - the legal system is sometimes a real bitch!

Nowerdays, if neighbours need any help, I always oblige, very difficult to complain about a guy that has done you a few favours and has helped you in the past....seems to work round here but we still have one or two ijuts but are in the vast minority:thumbup:

Edited by spudulike

You could lift the tree and plant it in a big container or dig a trench and line it with mypex or other ground control material. This would contain the roots, allow drainage and allow for easier transplanting if the HA decide they want it removed again or if you move on.

A long post but I understand your frustration. I certainly wouldn't tolerate someone entering my house. If you are not up to the job I would have had the police round there straight away. You might have found the problem disappearing.