large ash hung up

hedgesparrow

can i ask you guys who do trees all the time for some advice. in woods a large ash aprox 2ft across came over but has hung up in a large ash whats the best way to get it down tried cutting it down at bottom to see if it would slip out but is just hung up and will not move. getting out of my comfert zone with this tree. was looking at a tirfor but with a inderect pull on a big tree a bit away from it any advice like bloody idiot for touching it no problem:blushing:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it held all the way Accross the stem? Or just one side?

If one side you can wrap a chain round a certain way as to roll it off the stump if you winch 90 degrees to the stem if you get me. Once its off the stump if it doesnt roll out of the tree. You can then winch it back. Use pulleys to get a good pull :001_smile:

this is why windblows rates a separate qualification, a lot of different factors can decide the required action to drop the hung up tree, this is where the experience starts to count. a lot of photos of this one, and the final solution and outcome, and defineatly a good learning experience

You can spin it with a tirfor, if its completely detached from the base, wrap the sling around it (choker it first) and winch till it unravels, slacken the winch and re-wrap, do this until its free. You also want to try and winch it back at the same time, so at a 45 deg angle

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

have a friend who is a experienced tree guy waiting for him to call to see what we can do its hung up in middle hence will not roll out. will leave him to work out the best way to get it down. be a lot of firewood.

Fell the tree it is hung in and get even more firewwood!

Fell the tree it is hung in and get even more firewwood!

lol dominoes....:thumbup:

I would gob out the butt about 3ft up and stick a back cut in it like i was felling it again ...

..then karate kick the butt out and repeat the task untill the tree is down...not very safe but done plenty of times.

or climb the tree next to it and dismantle from rope and harness...:001_smile: