Anyone planted a tree in honour of there kids?

gand

Nice. When my oldest was born, he's 6 now. His grandfather in Norway went into the woods and found a fine specimen of a silver birch and planted it on the drive of his summer house.

Haakon now has a little brother and 2 cousins. So there are 4 silver birch now planted in a line. Kinda nice that they are all different heights and descending in age as are his grand kids.

Yep I planted 2 birch when my twins came along 4 years ago , and a big beech fell the same week a friend of mine got a bit and turned me a bowl for them , and I've taken them up to see there trees and take photos , I still plant apple trees ever year on the site where I work and tell no one , there for my little one's and there's.

I'm not religious so didn't bother getting our child christened, I was good mates with the vicar at the time (he enjoyed the pub) so rather than a full christening we had a tree planting in the grave yard and a blessing.

This is Rowan today and her tree :thumbup1:

Good idea that gand!

A lot of people christen their kids these days and are in no way religious or have any intention of bringing up their child in Christianity. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Planting a tree seems a great way to mark the birth.👍

Great responses so far. The mrs loves the one of handing out oak saplings as wedding favours, she then said she'd do it if anyone ever asks her (might have to get round to that). As for the religion side of it I can't be arsed, most people seem to do it to get into schools, but I don't think that matters anymore

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App