Recent project - Our home

alex_m

Great looking vehicle.

I spent some time, quite a few years ago living in vehicles & around those that did. I have to say that yours is for sure one of the better ones. The attention to detail & careful planning have created an amazingly user friendly looking space.

Have you addressed how you are going to secure cupboards, shelves & there contents for your moving. "Tying down" is an art I never did master

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's awesome :thumbup1:, when I was living in Sweden my boss use to have bus/horse truck that he use to take on big jobs. Then I thought I could live in that:001_smile:.

I would love to buy a piece of land and live like that, always wanted to convert on of these.MAN ERF TRUCK MOTORHOME RACE CRUISER MOTORSPORT CAMPER HORSE BOX REMOVALS VAN | eBay

Have you addressed how you are going to secure cupboards, shelves & there contents for your moving. "Tying down" is an art I never did master

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

Got 2 little roller catches on each cupboard door, hopefully they will hold them shut!

That's awesome :thumbup1:, when I was living in Sweden my boss use to have bus/horse truck that he use to take on big jobs. Then I thought I could live in that:001_smile:.

I would love to buy a piece of land and live like that, always wanted to convert on of these.MAN ERF TRUCK MOTORHOME RACE CRUISER MOTORSPORT CAMPER HORSE BOX REMOVALS VAN | eBay

that would make a nice home! plenty of space!

The bloke who helped me with some of the conversion lives in this old bedford horsebox, it's beautiful!

4629937_orig.jpg

Thanks guys :)

We are living on a farm for a while, we'll take to festivals next summer and in the future Europe, but for most of the time it'll be static.

(i need to do my HGV licence first :laugh1:)

Surely as a recreational vehicle it could be classified out of scope. you dont want the hassle and cost of that!:confused1:

Surely as a recreational vehicle it could be classified out of scope. you dont want the hassle and cost of that!:confused1:

Do you mean it would be exempt from needing a c1 licence?

Not sure. I've looked into that in the past, it's a grey area with motorhomes... but thought i would do the full C+E licence anyway as it would be good for tree work as well.

Beautiful and beautifully thought out and executed, (and btw,I have teased the Mrs. about buying an old,extra extra large but no longer roadworthy Hymer motorhome and parking it up as our retirement dwelling)

But?

Wot's it weigh?, any idea?

Noting the solid woodwork, jawbox sink and cast iron stove:lol:

Very homely friendly feel to the interior, proper jealous.

m