Biomas Buyers..

Mr. Bish

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have you tried it? I was thinking the scottish tray drier type of thing or hot spot spears, but cant decide which would be best

Not personally, but have heard that others have with good success.

I would try to dry the cord as much as possible before chipping, its hard on the chipper, but has got to be the easiest way of loosing water.

Jon

My internal costings come out at approx £10 per tonne for chipping to which I have to add the cost of the timber and transport. The power plant was originally costed to be profitable upto a maximum £80 per tonne. Obviously the price of electric has gone up quite considerably so the maximum now will be in the region of £110. I normally hire my MB Trac and Heizohack chipper out for arb work at £250 per day plus fuel however if its for dedicated biomass that rate goes upto £500 per day plus fuel as it will also include my 3 tonne excavator which I use to load the biomass into the chipper.

HI JOHN im sorry i do like to be nosie but I'm only like to no the cost of a CHIPPER LIKE THE ONE AT THE APF SHOW 650HP ENGINE per day cost you need more then 3per ton to cover cost thanks jon

HI JOHN im sorry i do like to be nosie but I'm only like to no the cost of a CHIPPER LIKE THE ONE AT THE APF SHOW 650HP ENGINE per day cost you need more then 3per ton to cover cost thanks jon

I could never justify the cost of a chipper like that used at the apf show as the biomass plant for that size chipper is not sustainable. Even my small chipper can easily get through 15000 tonnes per annum although we sized it to do 7000 tonnes per annum.

Its a pity the government cannot make its mind up on domestic rhi. I was in a position to roll out a chp power generation scheme for woodchip a bit similar to the rent a roof scheme for solar but the latest rules on woodchip traceability has put an end to that but there may still be a loophole we can exploit for self supply. In such a scenario you may have a valuable use for your own woodchip.

DECC need to go through the chipper! The domestic RHI roll out has been a diabolical and shameful shambles from the pen pushing desk jockeys in the civil service. We're operating biomass, PV & thermal, and I'm struggling on with the pellet manufacture process (which I think might have to be scaled down to "self sufficiency" looking at the red tape mountain)

My friend dries chip on concrete during the summer. He piles this semi dried into a dutch barn and builds a wall using Hesston straw bales. There are grain drying pipes with little extractor fans in their tops to keep the heat down just like in a grain store.

Each batch is separate from the previous and they are used in turn when they are needed.

50% is from arb arisings as his wood chip boilers are not fussy

The main boiler is 300Kw and happily burns this chip when it is called for.

We tried chipping when dry......Not pleasant! The dust went everywhere. The machinery was fantastic to see in operation though and a good learning experience for the pair of us.

codlasher

DSC04374.jpg.20fc176196ad822b6041f5fcd66a57a7.jpg