Anyone ever mod a loader to fit a tractor?

swinny

I cannot answer except to say that one of our small local farm based engineering firms exists because the owner made a name for being able to do just that.

Moving loaders between tractors by modifying brackets.

Where others had tried and failed.

I take it you mean modifying the loader brackets to suit the different tractor btw.

I would blench at the challenge of actually fabricating new brackets from scratch without CAD facilities.

Sorry to sound pessimistic.

m

Yeah, getting a loader to fit a different tractor....

I have original brackets for mounting the loader to the original tractor. It would be a case of cutting part of the brackets off, welding on some plate etc and bolting up.....

Although not as simple as being said

I did it many times in my Ag engineering days. I always over engineered them and to my knowledge they never failed.

But towards the end of that career I had to stop doing it for fear of liability, as all brackets are meant to be tested to destruction under load so that they can be ce plated.

We deemed it to risky to do for a customer, but maybe if you do it for your own use you would be ok.

What make of loader is it.

Have heard the Massey 80 is the easiest to make fit other makes but its not the most powerfully loader.

Yes its a mf 80 power loader, inc brackets which one goes under the belly in middle of the tractor and one is bolted at the weight block.

Its to go on a john deere 3040 6cyl.....

So it would need extending a little, take weight block off and hopefully front holes line up. Then at the rear brackets, cut the belly bit off and weld some decent plates to go down the side of the chassis.

Maybe a bar to go up the sides of the engine and linked over the bonnet to stop twist etc...

i like the loader due to being a quick hitch one... on pins and qf adapters :)

Would sit quite forwards on the tractor so weight on the front axle to consider..... but tbh 1/2 tonne of wood is a biggish bit of wood! so that'd be max weight ish... maybe 1 t max lift....

More for loading multiple rings/logs into and putting in trailer...

As for front axle loading... it'd only be like a front 3pl lifting buck rake and other stuff etc...

Yes its a mf 80 power loader, inc brackets which one goes under the belly in middle of the tractor and one is bolted at the weight block.

Its to go on a john deere 3040 6cyl.....

So it would need extending a little, take weight block off and hopefully front holes line up. Then at the rear brackets, cut the belly bit off and weld some decent plates to go down the side of the chassis.

Maybe a bar to go up the sides of the engine and linked over the bonnet to stop twist etc...

i like the loader due to being a quick hitch one... on pins and qf adapters :)

go on ebay & look for some mf brackets for jd or try a tracror breakers ,thers 1. up yr way cant remember his name ,peter will know it ,

If you do go down the modify route and use someone else to do it make sure that access to service items is possible, side panels can come off, oil dipstick/filter still do'able. Obvious but its amazing how some focus at just what they are doing and not the bigger picture.