What 4X4's do you all have?

WillTimberlake

I bought a new Nissan Navara in 2002 instead of a Hilux because it only had about 100hp compared with nav at 130hp and was 3k cheaper. Big mistake the Hilux performs better than the figures suggest If I bought a hilux we would probably still have it. The Navarra was distroyed in 2 years could not wait to see it gone. Have a 1998 hilux tipper now and its indestructable.

:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a Terrano a long time ago and found it rough, thirsty, and not really up to the job. Also worked with a landy and, whilst it was not brilliantly reliable, it was great for towing.

Since then I have gone through two Shoguns from new and found them to be pretty good for a variety of stuff on the farm and road. Downside, like many 4x4s, is if you have any major breakdowns. Just spent £1.7k on a new clutch/flywheel!

What's an egr ?

Exhaust Gas recycling . The egr valve lets some exhaust gasses back into the combustion chamber with the next fresh charge . Sounds like a pants idea but apparently it helps combat noxious emissions and makes the engine run cooler . Makes more smoke when you floor it though . You can buy a blanking plate to stop it for most modern diesel engines .

Edited by Stubby

Exhaust Gas recycling . The egr valve lets some exhaust gasses back into the combustion chamber with the next fresh charge . Sounds like a pants idea but apparently it helps combat noxious emissions and makes the engine run cooler . Makes more smoke when you floor it though . You can buy a blanking plate to stop it for most modern diesel engines .

A poor device fitted at manufacture to improve the emmissions. Very soon in service it starts to coke up and cause more emmissions. It puts hot dirty exhaust fumes back into the engine just after the air filter. Decreases the life of the engine dramatically and soots the oil up within a few hundred miles of a change.

A poor device fitted at manufacture to improve the emmissions. Very soon in service it starts to coke up and cause more emmissions. It puts hot dirty exhaust fumes back into the engine just after the air filter. Decreases the life of the engine dramatically and soots the oil up within a few hundred miles of a change.

HI STEVE dads vw golf coke up like that mate it no good at all thanks jon :thumbup: