Calories for a climber

Arran Turner

3 weetabix in the morning. Water through the day. Lunch if I remember! Nice big tea. I find I don't get too hungry I just need plenty fluids with food thrown in if its there.

Protein shakes help a lot too. Make sure you get the right type ones. As they have variations.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 weetabix in the morning. Water through the day. Lunch if I remember! Nice big tea. I find I don't get too hungry I just need plenty fluids with food thrown in if its there.

Protein shakes help a lot too. Make sure you get the right type ones. As they have variations.

Protein shakes are a bit of a con, unless your doing this job and training for an ironman event. Although can't agree more on the water this is essential.

I'm a grazer eating little and often, I also eat as much fatty food as possible and I do not mean McDonalds!

Things like Oily fish, the dark meat on chicken (I avoid skinless breast if it ain't got the skin I'm not intrested) humous, avacado's, eggs with the yolk and nuts etc.

I avoid to much Fruit as its high in sugar.

I suspect my calorie intake a day is around 3500

The most important thing is pace I've worked 12 hour days 6 day weeks you just have to work smooth and deliberate not beast yourself as its pointless to go balls out one day and need a few days to recover, after a while by being slow you can be very productive and require less calories to sustain you.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I've finally got round to recording my weekly food intake and just did a bit of searching to see what other people were consuming.

I'm 5ft 10. 71kg and by my recordings I'm in taking 5000-5600 calories a day.

My weight hardly varies at all. If I know it's going to be a super hard day I'll chuck in a protein shake to keep me going.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk