Affordable Housing

Treemon

Question

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1376853084.733748.jpg.19bff95e0594e019863e820f5b060254.jpg

This is the view from the rear of our house at present , behind these trees is a car park for the woodland park that used to be a pit head. We've been told that Leicestershire County Council has sold the car park for 4 affordable houses and intend to cut all the mature trees down to make way for them . Any ideas how we can stop this , I've been in touch with local tree officer but he really doesn't appear interested as its a council plan

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1376853064.817374.jpg.da4333561b513bbc978380406e4e1ea0.jpg

Try a petition with the locals who might be affected, but at best you might slow the development down.

Go to your local MP if you can find some backing for your cause, or good reasons to prevent the scheme.

Doubt you will succeed against the council.

The description of affordable housing conjures up images of working people getting a foot on the property ladder. But in reality its greedy councils and private companies screwing a good living and stealing land. The only people that can afford the rent on these houses is the long term unemployed who dont pay the rent we do. Rant over, sorry if I derailed it, Its government policy to whack houses up where ever they can so council could even be on your side but powerless.

Failing the Ospreys nest see if you can get the " bat " people involved

i agree, having fallen foul of the whole bat thing myself , I would recommend you quote for the job and find a bat up there when you start, that will give you 6 to 9 months more enjoyment of the trees and thinking of your next ploy to keep them there