Worst gridlock ever!

TimberCutterDartmoor

Last summer it took me 9 hours to get from Bolton to Leeds (normally an hour max) and I spent 7 of those hours sat with the engine off in the same spot in deadlock traffic! You can do it brother we believe in you!!!! Haha chin up love

Sent using Rhinos Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes me the 7 minutes to get to work and pass a handful of cars.

When going to training courses etc I am tense to the extent I have to give myself an extended tea break when I arrive just to calm down. I just can't get my head round how people can do traffic jams on a daily basis. I would be out my car and up a water tower.(That's not a recommendation friend!!!).

9 hours is unimaginable. Safe journey. :001_cool:

That A303 is a joke isn't it?

Sat there last Friday on the way to Devon, and thought it was worse than when I regularly used it 15years ago.

I'm lucky most of my work is local.

Any big trips now, like heading back home to Northumberland from Kent I do at night.

I use tom tom and do alot of miles ea year. I pay £44 a year for the live updates I could not live without it. You can see every jam in the country at a glance and when you get stuck in traffic you know its only 2 mins. If it can it will route you round any problems. Avoid the 303 near stonehenge for the next few months you can go round it by pulling off at shrewton going east and amesbury if going west. Most of my vehicles have aircon,satnav and drinks fridge. I once got stuck comming back from Glasgow waited 6 hours for a jumper on a bridge and then he bottled it took 15 hours to get home luckily there was two of us to share driving.

I use tom tom and do alot of miles ea year. I pay £44 a year for the live updates I could not live without it.

I find the Google mapping app with traffic is a good indicator of congestion on my android, I think this is crowd sourced data. Presumably the tom tom one uses traffic cameras and the loops in the road?

Got here in the end (glasgow). ~15 hours total driving time (plus stops) = fed up and knackered. Was free as free after preston so put my foot down a bit after that. Surprised I still averaged 52.2mpg after all the time spent creeping forward on tickover for miles and miles... Looked into a couple of travelodges - all full :001_rolleyes: