Topping dead firs

RC0

If you don’t top dead firs, or are not likely to then you probably wont take much from this….but then you might, I don’t know. Be warned, its 25 mins and a lot of talking….but hopefully it’ll make sense. Thanks

Use HD setting

Edited by RC0

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed that reg, a good friend of mine has been hooked up with a guy looking for climbers in Canada for heli logging, lots of big trees and they all involve knocking the tops out first.. They recon you should be averaging 15 a day but bearing in mind the only big trees I've felled are broad leaves and a couple of big spruces up in keilder I was wondering how I would cope with this.. Mind has been racing all week about widow makers from tops and just dealing with trees that are twice the size in the UK ... Your vids give a good insight , cheers for taking the time to post.

Really enjoyed that mate, the last one you could really see and relate to what you were explaining, I've never experienced dead firs well not the sense you speak and show of, but have had my fair share of dreaded wobbly top!! When spiking up!!!

Very good video.. :)

Reminded me of a time I felled out a cedar top, about 25ft section tree had been dead a good couple of years, had a little back lean so popped in a couple of wedges topped it out and then carried on as normal.... Anyway the guy I was working for couldn't understand why it had took so long to get the top off "why didn't you just cut straight through the top" he said!! I just smiled put my muffs down and carried on sawing!! The thing is if I had explained to him why I did it my way and not his then he may well be still pondering over it to this day!!! That was 2 years ago!! Not worked for him since :D

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App