Pick up broken into tools stolen pluckley kent

Tractor62

My dad came out to go to work this morning to find his ford ranger open and some tools/clothes taken the list as far as we know is

A Stabila laser level set with tripod and staff

A pair of le chameau wellies size 8

A green/black englebert straus body warmer

A pair of RSPB binoculars

And a stack of CDs

Ok mostly low value items but my dad has owned his truck from new and in the 8 years he has had it he has never left the thing unlocked but no locks have been damaged and the alarm didn't go off. So keep an eye out and keep your truck/van/car as secure as you can as the thieving scum seem to be doing the rounds here at the mo.

Cheers Graham

Hi graham that's not good mate I'm sorry to hear that mate Jon

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost feel sorry for anyone pathetic enough to steal a pair of wellies.

I had a toiletry bag stolen off my back seat. Had fallen out of an overnight bag after a weekend away. I assume the tw*ts thought it might be a sat nav. Partially my fault, it shouldn't have been left on show. The bit that really got me though was they nicked a loose roll on deodorant that was sitting next to it. Who steals a used roll on deodorant???

• 1 month later...

The thieving scumbags tried to have another go at dads truck yesterday while he was at work. The truck was parked at the edge of a field 2 fields away from the nearest road while dad and another guy were going round the edges with telehandler and man cage taking off low boughs, the saw ran out of fuel and as dad came round the corner to his truck where the fuel was he found a car next to his truck which turned round and sped off across the feilds back to the road as soon as it saw him. So kinda lucky the saw ran out when it did or he would have probably come back to find the truck gone or at least gone through again :thumbdown::thumbdown:

The thieving scumbags tried to have another go at dads truck yesterday while he was at work. The truck was parked at the edge of a field 2 fields away from the nearest road while dad and another guy were going round the edges with telehandler and man cage taking off low boughs, the saw ran out of fuel and as dad came round the corner to his truck where the fuel was he found a car next to his truck which turned round and sped off across the feilds back to the road as soon as it saw him. So kinda lucky the saw ran out when it did or he would have probably come back to find the truck gone or at least gone through again :thumbdown::thumbdown:

they hear saws and soon appear....common.Just dont leave em about anymore.I know of a climber that left his saw at the base to go up and pulled up an empty rope also to see a ***** running across a field adjacent with saw and strop to a waiting van...:001_rolleyes:

HI TRACTOR it a night mere mate taking peoples kit it very low:thumbdown: that is :thumbdown:i hope you get your kit back mate soon jon

They are quite thick on the ground over that way Graham.

Glad your Dad ran out of juice when he did!

I keep the combi can in the cage when I'm doing the same kind of work, so my truck would have been screwed.

They certainly mark as the farm dad works on is just down the lane from the chilmington site but as has been said they must have heard the saw going and figured it was worth coming to have a look. The thing is of you actually stopped them they'd come up with any number of excuses lost dog/kid, heard saw thought I'd come and see if there was any work going ect ect and the local police can't go into their site more than twice a month or they get accused of racial prejudice its a total f*#~ing joke