all my woodwork so far

se7enthdevil

Nice work there, personally I can never get 2 things alike.

What do you finish the pins with?

getting things to look identical is tricky to begin with but comes with experience, having said that this particular shape is very difficult to replicate and i have been using a template with the diameter written on every inch of its length for repetition purposes.

the finish is osmo polyx with a wax coat on top but this is merely too stop to much moisture transfer in a short period of time as the wood has been in a slightly damp location and it can be a culture shock for it when you put it in a heated enviroment...

Edited by se7enthdevil

• 3 months later...

not added anything on this thread for a while but i've just been best man at my brothers wedding and for him and his bride i'm putting together a kitchen set for use and abuse.

so far there is a big beech rolling pin 3" thick, 4 sycamore spatulas, a herb chopping board and one for cheese too both in canadian maple and a pestle an mortar made from ekki.

i intend to add a porridge spurtle, main chopping board, kitchen roll holder and possibly a juicer.

P1020384.jpg.e4a71fa1dd075554906f726b0ea46082.jpg

P1020383.jpg.9c6926033fd692e7fd24ab1b67892459.jpg

P1020387.jpg.f04aaca27d820fd3678c2e65bb2b5669.jpg

P1020385.jpg.87f8553af13764e0ddf1f803b4bb07ad.jpg

P1020382.jpg.0a59789384c463c010b765b98ab1be18.jpg

P1020381.jpg.b9d4634c42fd121a7077f226d4328571.jpg

Can't top what everyone else is saying about your work, so I'll just join them - really excellent craftsmanship!

I'm currently residing in the Philippines and I see some beautiful wood here, but the craftsmanship is often very basic. I'd love to be able to put my hands to work - some of the hardwoods here are tremendously long-lasting and would be worth a small fortune in the UK and the US I suspect.

All the best!

Wailen

• 4 weeks later...