unimog hydraulics

eddiegts

Check your flow and return aren't reversed - this can make valve blocks perform in strange ways... If you have different sized fittings on the end of your hydraulic hoses and they only fit into certain plugs on the Mog this doesn't mean they are correct if the crane hasn't been set up to run off your Mog. As previously said - it is important to ensure the flow is going in the correct direction through your spool block.

gray git, the free flow return on the mog is usually sited off to one side of the back and the red collars lock the levers in the neutral (off ) position, they should lock in the operating position if you pull them over( they will "pop" back to the neutral if the bypass valve in the block is operated(usually caused by the circuit in use "deadheading")

Ok, I have 2 levers in the cab both with the red collars. at the front of the mog i have linkage, also at the front i have 2 banks of two (same as the rear) I dont have linkage on the rear but I do have a tipping ram but I have moved the lever over to turn it off.

the hoses on the trailer are the same size. how do I set up the trailer so I can run it off the mog? Now when I looked today one of the points on the mog must have been under pressure as you could not push the little metal valve in (if that makes sense) so i presume that is where the oil is flowing from and the other one is the return??

Thanks for you help so far :)

There might be a diverter some where,

Follow the pipes at the back of the connections.

In plug your tipper, front linkage and anything else hydraulic .

If a hose has went in wrong and jammed up, slacken it with a couple of spanners .

Don't have any levers in neutral, best get someone in the cab to do them .

2 cicuits at the front and 2 at the back is a std setup , the tipper ram will run off one of them, the front linkage will plug into one of the front pairs, you cannot plug anything into the same circuit front and rear at the same time( there are ways of doing this, but its difficult to explain without showing). Iff you get a connection stuck, turn off the engine and operate the spool valve lever in both directions, this will dump any pressure in the circuit and let you disconnect the couplings, DO NOT slacken any hydraulic connections while under pressure as fluid at 2500+ psi can cause serious(fatal) injuries, as stephen says, first make sure all the mogs own "bits" work ok, and if they do start looking at the trailer, I would check the saftey check valves in the spool block first, then start traciing the circuits looking for problems

All the ones iv driven you could lock the lever in flow with the red bit, had a botex 360tl on 1 that would try and jump out off flow when lifting, push red bit down~ no problems, saying all this every mog iv used has suttle difference s depending on former life. Good luck sorting it.

2 cicuits at the front and 2 at the back is a std setup , the tipper ram will run off one of them, the front linkage will plug into one of the front pairs, you cannot plug anything into the same circuit front and rear at the same time( there are ways of doing this, but its difficult to explain without showing). Iff you get a connection stuck, turn off the engine and operate the spool valve lever in both directions, this will dump any pressure in the circuit and let you disconnect the couplings, DO NOT slacken any hydraulic connections while under pressure as fluid at 2500+ psi can cause serious(fatal) injuries, as stephen says, first make sure all the mogs own "bits" work ok, and if they do start looking at the trailer, I would check the saftey check valves in the spool block first, then start traciing the circuits looking for problems

You can simply put the levers forward or back (as opposed to left or right, toward the seats) this puts the hydraulics into neutral and releases all pressure.

All the ones iv driven you could lock the lever in flow with the red bit, had a botex 360tl on 1 that would try and jump out off flow when lifting, push red bit down~ no problems, saying all this every mog iv used has suttle difference s depending on former life. Good luck sorting it.

The problem with the "red bits" is they tend to not hold the lever in the fully operating position, a stick or bottle tends to keep it more fully engaged.