Rate of pay

sideshow bob

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is I could get similar working in Tesco but id hate it I love the job but it grates when you don't get paid what your worth,or like I said others get more for doing the same as you,the trend within the company is to take people on train them up and then they F off for a pound an hour more,why not reward the ones who stay loyal who do the winter call outs,etc ,change is needed or we will never keep anyone whos half way decent.

The truth is I could get similar working in Tesco but id hate it I love the job but it grates when you don't get paid what your worth,or like I said others get more for doing the same as you,the trend within the company is to take people on train them up and then they F off for a pound an hour more,why not reward the ones who stay loyal who do the winter call outs,etc ,change is needed or we will never keep anyone whos half way decent.

if you want more money ask for it, if they decline ,go buy a truck n chipper & go it alone simples,then see if your better of , with all the hassle

off employees !!!!!!!

Mmmm I think I slept better at night when a bit skint but all the worries were someone else's at knocking off time. I guess the ones who have it right, make the money as Boss and switch off when it's down time. Quality of life versus the money..... I still think the wrong side of £9- for skilled labour and graft ain't good though

Ive just read a couple of comments ie 7 pound an hour lorry driving etc,but it is only driving those guys and girls ,are more at risk from boredom and bad diets,they don't work with the inherent dangers that we do every day,tree surgery is danderous as it is throw power lines in the mix and you've doubled the danger,i just think that in this day and age the pay should be better.

I often think that the most dangerous part of the job is driving to it!

Ive just read a couple of comments ie 7 pound an hour lorry driving etc,but it is only driving those guys and girls ,are more at risk from boredom and bad diets,they don't work with the inherent dangers that we do every day,tree surgery is danderous as it is throw power lines in the mix and you've doubled the danger,i just think that in this day and age the pay should be better.

Work around electricity is a fraction of the industry so it doesn't make a good example, and the haulage industry has ADR tanker drivers (also a fraction of the industry), how do you fancy the roads with a tanker full of petrol ten feet from the back of your head?

Imo 8.95 is far to low for an experienced skilled worker. I work in construction not arb, but a labourer is likely to get 8p/h. Most tradesmen working for big companies work on piece work, supply own tools and transport etc, good tradesman will be earning 100 minimum unless they go to work half asleep. A subbing brickie don't need a lot of tools.

I wiuldnt work for your wages, but your wages are set by people willing to work for them. I guess by the time you include all the benefits of being employed over self employed your wages are a lot higher.