How much to cut these two down?

dansound

If they are TPO'd ,which i think they may be, and without knowing the area, you will need a very good reason to fell. I am only putting forward friendly advice , but they do scream TPO to me.

Penny dropped, you must be a new tenant, owner has said do what you like with the garden. Hows that, did you like that Tom ? or am i a million miles away?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the OP made a mistake of asking for a price in his opening .

Would have been better to ask someone on here local to come and have a look and give best advice with a view to price. But hey....customers always know best.

New estate- trees left= TPO with a vengence though this is Scotland so ...

That's the thing about an open forum, that this kind of question can be raised.

I dislike giving quotes there and then, preferring to go away, have a bit of a quiet think, before emailing or posting a written quote. Saves getting bitten when the job actually turns out more complicated. We've probably all been there.

Did no one spot the already felled trees/logs to the left of the photo.

How did they get there?, who felled them?

I appreciate they may have been felled by the previous owner, because more straightforward.

PS

on a cursory non qualified but tree respecting perspective I cannot see why the OP wants these trees removed.

cheers

marcus

This has opened a can of worms!

This piece of land is my garden, deer park, Livingston.

There were approximately 10 others trees just like this that were wind damaged 2/3 years ago, when it was those ridiculous winds.

These two were the only two that never went sideways during that time, hence, they stayed. Previous owner dealt with that

I can gaurantee you that I could get these done for free/cheap - that's not what I am looking for. Sorry if you lost the conversation trail.

I am looking for someone with the skills and experience to do this, I can afford to pay for a decent job, I can't afford for some idiot to land them on the neighbours £20k solar panels or hot tub!

Some of you may not like the fact this is open on a forum, but this tends to be the thing with open forums....

I've received some good avice over PM about these and associated costs and contact details of local recommended companies, which is more than I started off with and regard to TPO

If people still sit at home with the yellow pages, calling random companies and waiting about for someone... Move on, there is technology to help these thing be easier for you. But thanks for sending me a PM on that ;-)

I've now got 3 names that either come recommended or don't sound mental, worked out for me ok so far.

If I hadn't asked how much, I could still be naive as to what others charge.

From free to £300 a tree seems to be the theme, that's saved me waiting about for the Everest Wondows of the arb world to quote me £1000 because they have the best saw on the market and shiny sales broushers.

Nice to see a lot of you passionate about me getting a decent job done. Thanks for looking out for me

Dan

Seems a shame to take the trees that survived the terrible storm down! Why not consider just taking the forked one out? Looking outside the confines of your picture I see very few other trees and personally I'd be looking to plant at least 50 on that patch and in a few years you'd have something nice to look at, something to hear the wind rustle and not have to look an the monotony of all those houses.

Just my opinion though!

codlasher

My concern is that they took the wind this time...

There is .5 acer exactly right of this picture of more pine.

To the left of this 7 acers of pine and mixed hardwood.

Bought the house because of all the greenery.

Replacement trees will be planted, of the fruit giving variety.

Dan

My concern is that they took the wind this time...

There is .5 acer exactly right of this picture of more pine.

To the left of this 7 acers of pine and mixed hardwood.

Bought the house because of all the greenery.

Replacement trees will be planted, of the fruit giving variety.

Dan

:thumbup: Great reply! Good to see folks doing their homework before paying a door knocker or a con artist to cause havoc in their garden.

If I'm in the family part of the garden, I have a nice wall of green conifers and the only thing above that I can see is the tree tops. This back bit of garden is going to be fruit trees/veg patch/ chickens!

You'll see there are lots of other pine to the left hand side, and some small hardwood trees - I have no intention of cutting those at all! If they fell, they would only dent a law.

These two...would land on posabley 3 houses/out buildings.

If they have TPO, I'll do what I can to preserve safely - and triple check insurance!

image.jpg.1b555b5ab177a7a46f4fdc548fc65817.jpg