Using customers wi-fi, etiquette??!

Rupe

I normally clock the pass code from the back of their router when I am wandering around the house after taking a dump.

:lol:

BT Openzone does work, used it a couple of times - but not when at work. But if you look at Moray, most of our customers get download speeds of 500k per week, so its a bit pointless. Elgin has a bit of 3G :thumbdown:

4G EE - you've got to be kidding!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seeing what the current view is.

The idea was to get some work done at lunch time off while the others are working, in order to lessen the time in the office at home.

I'm doing quotes after work at the moment and finding that when I get home I've had enough. I'm fresher in the morning so taking a break, while the others are still working would be a great time to get quotes written up and sent.

As I don't own a laptop yet this is all speculation.

I'm sure your all ok making use of the customers kettle.

Some times when I get in im too tired to write quotes, what I have done in the past is write and save the quote and write the covering email and save in word, copy and paste when I get in.

Takes mins.

Either that or I could give you some of my Ritalin...

When I get home its usually kids tea-play-bath-bed-story time. By the time thats over tha last thing I want to do is office work, i still have to, but I hate it.

I quoted a job today, the guy asked for an email confirmation, I had written it before I left his drive. If he had given me the go agreed there and then I would have done the council perm too. Office work IS work and the more of that I can do during the day the better.

I'll probably carry on as I am but idea good to hear opinions.

I agree brew time is brew time but I often sit in the car and make phone calls, that's still work and I expect the others too carry on working.

I think the best advice so far is to send the emails and let them sit on end outbox until Wi-Fi is available..

Ftr my quotes are pdfs of my letterhead so a bit more data than just an email. It's the time to write them that's important, when I get home there are too many distractions so half an hour's work can take all evening.

When I get home its usually kids tea-play-bath-bed-story time. By the time thats over tha last thing I want to do is office work, i still have to, but I hate it.

I quoted a job today, the guy asked for an email confirmation, I had written it before I left his drive. If he had given me the go agreed there and then I would have done the council perm too. Office work IS work and the more of that I can do during the day the better.

but you could be doing the quotes inbetween browsing arbtalk , iv got soler account,can do quotes to email then turn them into an invoice ,click of a key .simples :biggrin:

Rupe are you on site every day? Do you have a work- force? If so take half a day a week or whatever time you need to do admin and try and make it a part of your working week, leaving the lads on site for said period. You can only do so much in a day.