Blocking Lane

phirow

Or HAS been done to me recently, pootling at 50/55 on middling roads.

Get overtaken, and not always safely.

By a car that:

(a) either swerves in, in-front, then almost immeadiatly swerves in to a lay-by to answer a phone .

or

(b)swerves in and 500m down the road brakes (occassionally indicates too) and turns in left.

Wtfh!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When it's a clear road ahead with a slow 'middle laner' in front of me, whilst i'm in the slow lane, i just carry on and undertake them. I shouldn't have to cross two lanes just to overtake, then cross back two lanes to get to where i was in the first place! :D

If they don't take that as a hint then they are obviously stupid.

When it's a clear road ahead with a slow 'middle laner' in front of me, whilst i'm in the slow lane, i just carry on and undertake them. I shouldn't have to cross two lanes just to overtake, then cross back two lanes to get to where i was in the first place! :D

If they don't take that as a hint then they are obviously stupid.

I am sure that's probably not legal but its what I do as well

Or HAS been done to me recently, pootling at 50/55 on middling roads.

Get overtaken, and not always safely.

By a car that:

(a) either swerves in, in-front, then almost immeadiatly swerves in to a lay-by to answer a phone .

or

(b)swerves in and 500m down the road brakes (occassionally indicates too) and turns in left.

Wtfh!

You should be allowed forward firing machine guns for such ocasions:laugh1:

I am sure that's probably not legal but its what I do as well

I am not entirely sure but I seem to recall undertaking is illegal unless the person is travelling slower. So if the monkey in the middle lane is doing 60 on a dual carriageway. Crack on and undertake them.

I did pass my test a long time ago and the memory isn't what it used to be...

There are bad drivers out there, nowt to do with what lane your in.

Indicate, get by them, problem solved!

I do about 40k miles a year, much of it with a trailer....middle laners really chap my ass because i cannot overtake them when i have the trailer hitched up so to save my sanity and not to waste hours of my life stuck behind these cretins is undertake them. (and yes that is being legal at 60 mph as i have a tacho in the truck!)

I wonder if the police will ticket the worst offenders.... HGV drivers! They sit there for bloody miles trying to overtake the guy in front and the speed difference is neglible as they are restricted to 56 but usually going about 50.

More often than not the lane 1 driver picks up a bit of speed and on they go again for mile after mile after mile!

Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App