Blocking Lane

phirow

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just, whilst displaying examplary due care and attention, blythly undertake, with the heel of my hand ready to fill the horn.

I have done so this past 10 or 15 years.

Once I have satisfied myself that.

(i) the other driver knows I am behind him/her by staying safely back, but holding out to fill their door mirror /discreetly flashing lights/ sounding horn.

(ii) they refuse to pull over given sufficient opportunity(ies)

With near 40 years unblemished record I will risk 3 points.

Though I cannot see that any reasonably minded police officer would issue such points..........to me

Depends if the copper is having a bad day.

I hate middle lane hoggers, and yes I do see them as a risk. I normally drive my disco up the motorway at 65, a nice cruising speed. Also mean I have to overtake lorry s, and if someone is sitting in middle lane guaranteed they will sit by my side until I have to slow or speed up to get round them. I have nearly broadsided a car before, they soon moved over.

Best one was an old bloke in middle lane reading the paper on his lap. I went past in outside lane and a copper cruised up to him in middle, he was too busy looking at me giving him the finger and laughing at him to see the copper. I then pointed to his left.

It infuriates me.

One of the funniest ones I had was when I was on the phone whist driving on the A14. It was frowned at at this point but not an offence. Anyway this guy pulled up alongside me waving his fist and shouting, clearly looked a bit of a nervous/neurotic type. THEN he got his phone up and was holding it up aiming at me to take a photo of me using my phone.....all whilst driving at 70mph and not looking at the road ahead of him...the irony!