Learning to switch off

Has any of got and hints to switching off from work. I've been lucky in one way that I've always been busy but the girlfriend is complaining now that its been too many 7 days a week and now it's light in evenings working those to.

On the evenings I do have off I end up writing up quotes and putting in applications.

Then if there's spare time just before bed I have to look on hear to see what's accruing.

I got away last weekend for a wedding and the whole time my brain is just thinking about next's weeks work and what to do when I'm back.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have all been where you are, my advice would be to give yourself an hour each evening for paperwork and set yourself a cut off point in the evening and from then on there is no work only you/family time. At first it will be difficult but you seem to have got yourself a work habit and habits can be broken. Plan as far ahead as you can and put it on a calender that way you can visualise what you have to do and this should help to stop it all going around in your head whilst on down time. We cannot do everything if you try you will burn yourself out and there will be no you or work and all your efforts will have been in vain. STOP TAKE A MINUTE and maybe try meditation

try meditation

forget that new-age crap. A quiet walk is much better.

Taking stock - folks don't do it anymore. Major life events even - people just press on thinking it's the best thing to do. Nope it aint.

I went out for 2 days on the moor some while back - gave me quietness and space to deal with a decades worth of transition that I hadn't stopped to mull over.

Now I take an evening walk, minimum 1 hour, monday, weds, fri. On your own is important until you have the head space to listen to others.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Get her involved mate, get her to wright the quotes up haha, have a chat with her mate your bringing in the money and that's what counts if u have to do a few 7 day weeks then so b it. Mine understands she helps with my book work to lighten the load so I can get it done quicker in the evening and at weekends, then we can spend more time together. Work as a unit 😊 and switching of completely never works u run a business u will never stop thinking about something! All the best

A glass whiskey once the kids have gone to bed always helps :)

A big glass with a bottle of orange WKD tipped in it too works wonders for me.

Probably not good advice though.

Take up fishing

Sounds like your head for a big fall. Make your self take some time out and set a plan when you get back and stick to it. I was in the same problem 2 years ago injured shoulder put me off work got a time which gave me time to think and make time.

And you are only on this planet once and work is not everything.

Edited by woody paul

IMO, working 7 days a week is insane for many reasons. Growing up with my parents I was taught that One day of rest each week is enough. You may be able to continue 7 days a week for a while, but over time your body and mind will suffer beyond recovery. The amount of emotional capital spent will also wear on everything as well. Better time management can help, as long as you make the time for One day off per week.

If your partner can assist you with the office end of your business, make a plan and get her to help. Make the time and enjoy your life more.

easy-lift guy