Rethink required, billet bundles are too heavy

difflock

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah hav a plan to use the 17 tonne splitter downstroke to, via a wire strop, to "winch" the bundle down tight before strapping, in which case I could possibly get away with using blue rope, with or *without those clever patented plastic german Knotti thingamabobs.

*Without simply by throwing on a farmers hitch with a flick of the back of the wrist.

But got plenty of polyproplene strapping to use first.

Just need to up productivity:blushing:

• 4 weeks later...
I cut the container into 2 to make little roofs. These overlap on all sides so shed most of the water. Agree that emptying them is the weakest link unless you have a rotator on the forks.

Hi wood do you still use the empty for roof like this and how do you cut them thanks Jon

• 5 months later...

Having opened 4 bundles in the shed to use, I found them still to be remarkedly tight in the polyester strapping.

I also figger if I simply incorporate a length of BT ducting in the middle of the billet bundle, a bale spike will lift them perfectly, and without distortion, this allows for a smaller capacity handler, since less grab weight, and I can also stack them higher, since not lifting from above.

Also makes it feasible to easily load into vans for handy cash sales

A proper win-win

......I simply incorporate a length of BT ducting in the middle of the billet bundle, a bale spike will lift them perfectly, and without distortion, this allows for a smaller capacity handler, since less grab weight, and I can also stack them higher, since not lifting from above......

I like that. Sounds like a great way of doing it.

Having opened 4 bundles in the shed to use, I found them still to be remarkedly tight in the polyester strapping.

I also figger if I simply incorporate a length of BT ducting in the middle of the billet bundle, a bale spike will lift them perfectly, and without distortion, this allows for a smaller capacity handler, since less grab weight, and I can also stack them higher, since not lifting from above.

Also makes it feasible to easily load into vans for handy cash sales

A proper win-win

Just a thought, if you used the cardboard tubes that come in the middle of sillage wrap you could them to and there's alot lying around at farms who wrap bales.

Ah! ah wis thinking about cardboard tubes from carpet rolls etc

but

bloody hell!

BINGO

How the cardboard will survive the drying/seasoning process though, though perhaps all is needed is a temporary "former" to keep the billets in-situ until strapped tight.

Certainly worth a try

Thanks gdh