Rethink required, billet bundles are too heavy

difflock

For my poxy wee crane, I knew when I cut and split dammned near 2 complete trees, before I had the 1.2 m diameter circle filled.

Fresh felled Lodgepole Pine.

Anyone want to hazard what weight 1.13m3 of split Lodgepole is?

At least the cordstrap system was strong enough.

So a rethink.

0.5m3 bundles are 0.78m in dia, say 0.8m, pity they will used more strapping per m3 strapped.

Photos to follow (perhaps)

Cheers

Marcus

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant, limited by the splitter.

I have to say, despite having watched a couple of clips on Youtube, that I was STILL surprised at the instability/elasticity/deformability of the bundle, despite winching the straps as tight as ever possible.

I reckon the smaller diameter bundle will be "stablier"

I also agree with your suggestion RNJ, that 1.2 m lengths would have been even better in this respect.

Except since my timber is less than straight, with huge knots, it would have been more difficult to get reasonably straight lengths.

I need a system (stillages or crates) for the %age of non-bundable stuff

Go fro IBC crates. The wood dries so well in them. I put some beech into crates late Autumn and it was dry to sell by the back end of this winter. Stacked in sheds the same would have taken the best part of 2 years to dry.

Ibc work better than the vent bags aswell. I cut the bottles up and get 6 lids out of 1 1000 litre bottle.

I billet Arb waste, yes get some strange shapes, I just stack and cover, then use saw bench with conveyor into tipper.

But means when I get orders, I have get tractor out etc, set-up sawbench, position tipper underneath, i know that's not really a big deal, just think there is a more efficient way of doing Arb waste

I'm considering using the packfix by posch, looks ideal for stacking and drying, not taking deposits on bags which is off putting to some, selling a larger quantity, ie 1.6cm3 rather than 1cm3 bags, to replace netting, about £80 plus vat and gets you 60 x 1.6cm bundles, only problems then is getting them on and off trailer/van

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I billet Arb waste, yes get some strange shapes, I just stack and cover, then use saw bench with conveyor into tipper.

But means when I get orders, I have get tractor out etc, set-up sawbench, position tipper underneath, i know that's not really a big deal, just think there is a more efficient way of doing Arb waste

I'm considering using the packfix by posch, looks ideal for stacking and drying, not taking deposits on bags which is off putting to some, selling a larger quantity, ie 1.6cm3 rather than 1cm3 bags, to replace netting, about £80 plus vat and gets you 60 x 1.6cm bundles, only problems then is getting them on and off trailer/van

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

i geather that the packfix dont stack too well