hitch help

lakeyboy

They aren't rated but spoke to the chap selling them saying that i wasn't sure about the core being exposed he reassured me that the core is very strong and gave me a link to a website with all the relevant specs i know a couple if people on here have bought his pulley savers that he makes up himself, do you guys think i should be climbing on them ?

Edited by lakeyboy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New rope and e2e is likely to be an issue, I think sherrills guide PDF advises against having both.

??

Providing the cord is suitable for that type of splice and it was spliced correctly it should be fine, but I'd still prefer to have my splices from a reputable source and I'm not saying yours are not! My pulley cambium saver use this type of splice and it bears 100% of my weight not 50% like a hitch does.

For hitches I just tie my own, try a Knut it does taking a little dressing to get right and will need to bed in a little go low and slow for a bit till it grabs reliably.

Try the teufelberger or marlow cord and a distel or schwabish (I buy them both from jonsies per m and make my own split tails) maybe a Knut if someone can show you to tie it?

Sent using Rhinos Arbtalk Mobile App

been using the knot guide on here and keep repeating them untill i remember even taught my boss how to tie a few as all he has used since he started is prussiks :thumbup1:

Hi,

I've been using 8mm Mammut cord on 11mm Mammut rope and it was a bit 'slippy' until it was roughed up (or bedded in) probably due to the newness of both cords - not a recomended combination as rightly pointed out, but I got over the slippiness by making sure the hitch was dressed properly before any weight was put on it until it gripped properly.

It works like a dream now on a Distel and pulley for self tending, can't fault it.

Hope this helps mate :thumbup1: