hitch help

lakeyboy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That e2e looks suspiciously like something a former member of arbtalk was selling on ebay. His name was Tuttle on here and I think he got banned. Maybe one of the mods could tell you why.

I Climb in 11mm Velocity with a hitchclimber vt set up and for the cord I use 8mm Sirius, cut to a length that suits me. I just use a double fishermans instead of a spliced eye for the cord.

With the 11mm line I sometimes find that you have to really jerk your weight into the harness for the knot to bite, similar to a spiderjack, but once you get a feel for it its great!

I believe that you are right i saw in a thread about pulley/friction savers that he got banned something about offering advice ? Im feeling a bit unsure about my e2e now do you think it best i just buy some 8mm cord ?

It looks like the legs on the friction cord are a bit too long, certainly for a distel/knut. Buy a few meters of friction cord 10mm in 13mm rope, or 8mm on thinner rope and tie with fishermans termination knots. Experiment with the cord length and this will essentially fine tune the hitch. Sooner or later you'll nail it.

I have been playing around with knots this arvo and gave the vt another another chance but used 5 wraps and 3 braids is this an ok thing to do ? Someone else mentioned earlier in this thread to use more wraps, i used a good anchor (my washing line pole haha) and gripped alot better :thumbup:

I believe that you are right i saw in a thread about pulley/friction savers that he got banned something about offering advice ? Im feeling a bit unsure about my e2e now do you think it best i just buy some 8mm cord ?

Its not for me to say wether his kit is safe or not. It should be certified though, if it isn't then maybe its best to use something that is?

Personally I'd feel happier using a length or certified friction cord. I just buy a few metres of sirius at a time. Lovely cord, and its cheap enough that you don't mind chucking it when it starts to get glazed (Which will happen more if you're using a pulley at the top with a vt :001_tongue:)