Horse flys

sideshow bob

Call them bstrd flies here. I react badly too and it's getting worse as I get older. Any bite makes the area swell up and the last few times I have felt like death too. Really bad reaction. I hate them and now wear an old shirt with sleeves and collar even in the hottest weather when out in the fields.

I love to kill them. They are a bit slow and the feeling of letting one land on your shirt and then nailing it is epic.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horse fly or "scadd " its known as here . Luckily I don't react too badly . My wife has just bought something for the horse . She says its its only one that works . Not sure if it can be put on us but will ask her what its called later .

I don't have proper proof but I would swear I get far less bites if I where bright red or yellow shirts as opposed to dull cow colored shirts :biggrin:

Horse flies are sight hunters. They find their prey by looking for movement and high contrast to the surrounding area.....so I'm told. Full camo gear should work:001_smile:

There is some blue liquid that my mate puts on his dairy cows every year. You leave it to soak in and nothing goes near. It says not for humans but on the times when he hasn't worn gloves and got it on him it worked. So for the past 3 years I've put it on.

While my friends at work are attracting the horse flys then just seem to stay away from me.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk