selling on ebay

swinny

Just a question about ebay... selling...

Do you start thigs off at 99p?

Or start off atnprice you want?

Classified ad?

Buy it now with offers?

What do you think best approach is to selling on ebay? Esp with them taking 10% off after for selling fee...

Are you a 'dare' to start off at 99p and see what you get?

Do you research sale prices...?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want you can set a starting price but can often put ppl off...but you can set a reserve if you wish. As mentioned in previous post, start at 99p!

Think about how long you want to run the listing for and equally when you want it to end. By that i mean most of the auction fever happens as the listing gets close to the end. So avoid it ending at midnight on sunday when most ppl are tucked in bed because of work the next day!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

It is risky starting at 99p but usually pays off. The insertion price for a reserve is really expensive - e.g. about £10 for a £300 reserve. Starting at £300 is much cheaper.

I'd say out of all the options, 99p start is the most fun/ nerve racking!

Depends what it is I'm selling - on the whole I'll start 99p no reserve and let them get on with it. Unless it's badly listed then there's a good chance what ever it is will get to where it should be fairly early on and then stand half a chance of going for too much later on.

If it's something a bit obscure that not many people might be looking for then I'll start it at what I want for it.

Mix and match start prices depending on item

Found a box of Subbuteo that I had forgotten about. Listed them over bank holiday weekend, had a load of offers, upto £250-300 for the lot. Let them run their course and made over £1100-00. Result!

Starting at 4.99 does not cost alot or even 14.99 . If you want £300 for it start on a free listing weekend and start at £300 no reserve fee. I dont think you can set a reserve below £50 so if you have a reserve people will know it starts at more than £50

Start at 99p but make sure its in right category or use 2 categorys .

Try to list so end time is about 9:00 pm on either thursday or sunday, once sold some used pop rivet pliers for 3 times what you would pay for a brand new pair :biggrin: