selling on ebay

swinny

All my stuff was listed with pictures and accurate descriptions I've invited all potential buyers to view and ask any questions all three buyers were Eastern European and all turned up trying to haggle on price and all refused to pay the final auction price I explained to all that they are in breach of there contract and that I would report them to eBay, 1 item was a chainsaw the lad that won the bid turned up 2 hrs later than agreed then offered me a third of the winning bid price for it.

What a scrote. Best you can do in that case is report them to Ebay and make an offer to sell to the 2nd highest bidder. :thumbdown:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question about ebay... selling...

Do you start thigs off at 99p?

Or start off atnprice you want? This One

Classified ad?

Buy it now with offers?

What do you think best approach is to selling on ebay? Esp with them taking 10% off after for selling fee...

Are you a 'dare' to start off at 99p and see what you get?

Do you research sale prices...?

I have sold a LOT of stuff on ebay, mostly not tree related. But hobby bits and bobs. From £10 - £10,000 and on all of it I start the listing at what I want for the item.

About 80% of the time I have agreed a price, sell, am paid and have the item posted before the auction has ended. Had a lot of people message me with negative comments because I sold and removed the item before it ended but TBH 1 guy with cash on collection is worth 10 who say they may have bid if I had left it running.

This way also avoids you paying end of auction fees which saves a lot of money.

I have only ever had one issue with some snowboard boots because the buyers paypal account had been used by his son in Morzine to pay for them. Paypal closed his account and froze my transaction too in case it was fraud. I didn't post them till it was all sorted. Simple.

Had 3 tough looking Eastern Europeans once turn up at the house at 2am paying for some Hi-Fi kit in a white van. They were really nice guys and were over here touring the country collecting all of the stuff they had bought on ebay in the few weeks prior. Slightly scary, but he got a big wad of cash out and everyone was happy.

I would never bid an item up, I have been asked to do this by mates and am not interested.