milling pics and vids

burrell_

Husky 365 with the 30'' Low pro set up. Did have a bit of flex so as you can see in this picture robbed the bar clamp from the Alaskan which stopped that but had it clamped at different depths so had a bow in the bar and it also put to much weight on bar nose so will get something lighter made up. Learn something every day. Got a load of Sweet Chestnut to carry on with next. Had my Daughter helping out for the morning she had great fun.

eva milling.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 54gka said:

Husky 365 with the 30'' Low pro set up. Did have a bit of flex so as you can see in this picture robbed the bar clamp from the Alaskan which stopped that but had it clamped at different depths so had a bow in the bar and it also put to much weight on bar nose so will get something lighter made up. Learn something every day. Got a load of Sweet Chestnut to carry on with next. Had my Daughter helping out for the morning she had great fun.

eva milling.jpg

Nice - how does your 365 get on with a 30" bar?

Hi NFG. The low pro is a bit faster but it is still slow. The 365 will be used for the Farmers mill from now on so I'll get a shorter bar for that and use the 880 on the big stuff. Got all this Sweet Chestnut ready today for milling will post pics as milling.

nut ready.jpg

nut ready3.jpg

nut ready6.jpg

nut ready8.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 54gka said:

Hi NFG. The low pro is a bit faster but it is still slow. The 365 will be used for the Farmers mill from now on so I'll get a shorter bar for that and use the 880 on the big stuff. Got all this Sweet Chestnut ready today for milling will post pics as milling.

nut ready.jpg

nut ready3.jpg

nut ready6.jpg

nut ready8.jpg

Looks good! Is the logosol a lot more productive than an alaskan? Whats the cost of the logosol?

I presume the logosol couldn't handle bigger rings like the one your 550/560 is leaning against in your last picture?

Hi jamesd. This was my first go with it. I think it will speed up things once i get used to it and it's limits. I mainly got this to process smaller logs but it can take a ton they say up to 60 cm diameter with the poss of cutting much larger logs and up to 3.8 m long and longer with extra extensions. But at the moment I've no way of loading something that big so will use the Alaskan to make the bigger lumps manageable. You can add the electric and chainsaw log moulder electric speed saw and electric bandsaw if you got a lot of money. Some good clips on youtube.

• Like 2