Would you climb this?

Qtip

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather climb that than something lodged in another tree. Where the pencil diameter twig is holding everything up.

Not the best situation. Did them like that years ago. Bit like pulling out straws until you hit the one:001_smile:

For that tree I probably would climb and nip the crown back but not to save a fence.

Not a chance. Goes against how you deal with windthrow.

A line to the top and winch it round away from the fence if that was possible, then fell from the bottom.

Or just fell from the bottom to separate the root plate, fence gets it, and you walk away without a Darwin award.

Magnetic boots and egged on by peers all under the age of 13.:lol:

Aye I knew about the cross I though Kev was putting it up for teasing.

Nice out the ordinary thread though, the things we were allowed to do years ago. I did feel more free, then.

:thumbup::thumbup:

remove or cut the metal fence and replace once tree has been felled, this would've been my first option. 2nd option - platform, hard to believe there was no platform available

there would be various other felling/winching options before thinking of climbing..........

climbing options? set a highline between the Pine and Beech(?) using throwline, work from that until you got the tree within the fenceline then just fell it.

Back it up with a (holding) winch (bullrope set in windthrown tree with throwline), set another rope in it (using throwline) and anchor to tree on ground to stop rootplate springing back up as you cut the crown back (no tension in this rope)

could set that up in less than half an hour.

zzzzzrig.jpg.29d8756a767ec5be6e39b6223f213ef2.jpg

Edited by scotspine1

I'd get the biggest ladders I could find, put them as high up as possible then cut away with the biggest saw I could find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the scariest solution to to this problem I've read on this thread so far. Id rather climb it than do that.

No chance, remove fence panels and fell or crush panels and fix.

In total agreement. The cost in time spent putting your neck on the block climbing it or rigging up some fancy swingdingle thing to bring it round or lower it down would just about cover the cost of replacing fence panels, as long as that was all that was underneath.