201 reviews

Tom Hall

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had mine sorted under warranty when it was over a year old. They know which serial numbers were the dodgy ones.

It's a lot better now its done. But, it is still a little sluggish from start if its not nice and warm. But I think better and more efficient than a 200.

They can't help it being sluggish really. They've had to sort emissions out and this must be the result. It will be interesting if Husky can overcome it, although by now they are probably redesigning it to cope with 2020 emission laws!!!

I just keep my saw on tick over most of the time and it works sweet. Always choose 201 over the 200.

Used one a couple of weeks ago. Seemed ok, quite good through larger timber. They supposedly need to run through 20 fuel changes to reduce the bogging out. Seems a hassle for a new saw, but obviously designed fer better after sales:banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I hate mine, it's been in the saw shop for carburretor alterations twice,

then had a new carb,

then had a new pot and piston,

..and still doesn't work properly. Baulking, powerless and bad to start. Cuts out all the time.

I have persevered for 10 months with it and will be asking for a refund.

It is just shoddy gutless flimsy nothing even close to 200

I can say in all honesty, I think you are wrong.Had a biggish ash takedown this week pulling like a beaut through hard wood.

I have had more than half a dozen stihl toppers through the years and the 201 is a worthy descendent.