The Art of Zig Zag

silky fox

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried tachyon/ Cougar Blue/ Imori all getting ripped up by the ZZ in very short time. there is a serious issue that needs fixing here. so much so i have now gone back to my hitch and fine it sooooo much nicer on the rope. what a shame, maybe next few little changes it be spot on.

Hello, Maybe you should have your ZZ checked. Just guessing but may if the mechanical prusik isn't machined just right. Also I don't own one just read this threads allot. I heard 11mm rope is a good starter for the ZZ? My two cents anyhow.

hmm climbmit.

yeah you could be right. also another bloke i work with go one and done same to his rope. i try and get some pics up soon. Also heard a few/ (every one i know who has got one) saying the same thing. Also it states on very clearly that 11.5mm is minimum diameter, just my two cents ay. i been working away all week but when i get back i look more into this ZZ problem of mine, and find out more. i will get the pics up, proper messed up my work mates rope and its a different ZZ. this is way i stopped using it and a few friends have done the same.

i am not trying to be negative on the product, just stating the facts i found and people i know and work with. i wish i knew this before and i wouldnt of bought the product until it was rectified. maybe this will save a few pounds for a few people on here. i wish i had.....

hmm climbmit.

yeah you could be right. also another bloke i work with go one and done same to his rope. i try and get some pics up soon. Also heard a few/ (every one i know who has got one) saying the same thing. Also it states on very clearly that 11.5mm is minimum diameter, just my two cents ay. i been working away all week but when i get back i look more into this ZZ problem of mine, and find out more. i will get the pics up, proper messed up my work mates rope and its a different ZZ. this is way i stopped using it and a few friends have done the same.

i am not trying to be negative on the product, just stating the facts i found and people i know and work with. i wish i knew this before and i wouldnt of bought the product until it was rectified. maybe this will save a few pounds for a few people on here. i wish i had.....

I heard a rumour before release that it had done this to a rope at a show when people where testing it. I had a look today and the rack indents where the rope runs threw do have a sharp edge to them , maybe a simple fix of filling the edge off would eliminate the rope wear. Just a thought

Shouldn't really need to take a file to what should be a tried and tested piece of kit IMO.

Of course but are they going to give us are money back.... I doubt it so if you still want to use it without it wrecking your rope then I guess it might be the only option.

Of course but are they going to give us are money back.... I doubt it so if you still want to use it without it wrecking your rope then I guess it might be the only option.

I'm sorry but they should do i'd also expect a replacement rope, so if it is happening we should kick some ass, get photo evidence and put a case forward to Petzl, this is a high end product from a reputable company.........

I do not doubt what Mog says and he more than likely has climbed on his zz a lot more than me so i want to know if it is happening, i do not love it enough over my hitch to risk damaging my ropes.

I heard a rumour before release that it had done this to a rope at a show when people where testing it. I had a look today and the rack indents where the rope runs threw do have a sharp edge to them , maybe a simple fix of filling the edge off would eliminate the rope wear. Just a thought

Just wondering mate but if u did file it down would it make it so it dosent grip as well havent actually seen one in the flesh yet cheers

Hmmm wondering if releasing it to a few climbers to trial for a month or two in working situations before commercial release (similar to how the RW was done) might have shown up this issue. Still sticking with my SJ for now until this thing has been out and in the workplace for a good while.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App